New Rerols

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Treach

Re: New Rerols

Post by Treach » Mon May 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Riurk wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:25 pm
There are plenty of mechanics that reward investment in the game - e.g., Master, Blademaster, remorts, rare gear, etc. These things also require actually playing the game, unlike stats, and are within the player's control rather than completely random, unlike stats.
If we think too many superstatted characters exist. Then apart from resetting everyone. I think another cool solution would be to make stats progressable. I always thought it was dumb that if you stat 15 strength, than you keep 15 strength no matter how much time you train and advance.

So do something like make a chit that drops randomly from smobs, and it gives you +1 to a random stat. So eventually with enough time and investment then everyone would be max stats. Could make it +1 random, or make it drop random with +1 strength, or +1 intelligence, can also make them tradeable or no-rent.

Homelands could still be a problem, with some having higher maxes than others... But I think the general idea is interesting.

Camille

Post by Camille » Mon May 11, 2020 9:41 pm

There are people that would farm the mobs non-stop on a char that could, and farm them out to alts, so certain people would have them all, and some might trickle down to others

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 am

Can go the "d20 way" and have every X levels reward 1 stat point along with prac points, as well as Imm loaded stat chits. Maybe even have Master status' (and others like Blademaster) also reward 1 stat point that players can add to any stat, or only certain stats. I.E. Blademaster would reward 1 STR point, unless it's at max then it's either DEX or CON.

aang

Post by aang » Wed May 13, 2020 10:37 am

Doubt you'll see major changes to statting happen, so I think the most realistic option would be for the immortals to offer close to superstats from the prerolledstats. They're already pretty decent, but don't think it would matter much if you bumped them up some. Could be 19 11 11 18 19 warrior, 18 11 11 19 19 rogue, 19 11 11 19 18 hunter. Keep mentals low so people can stat for better if they want, but if they just want to get going they'll have a powerful character. If this is too much could also just be 2x18 1x 19 in physicals for hunter/rogue and a 19 17 19 for warriors. 18 19 18 rogue, 19 18 18 hunter. Warriors seem super easy to stat, so I imagine most people would just stat for something sick there, but gives people a super strong hunter/thief for those who don't want to stat for a month to get powerful stats.

As to rerolls, I think my favorite part was being able to switch setups even if I was maxstatted or improve on HPs (think Aang rerolled into 19 14 14 19 18 with around 356 hps for his 300s, so still some superstats but the HPs were so bad, so rerolls allowed for improvement to HPs). I have a couple chars that are 19 18 19 and what I liked about the rerolls is the option of swapping the stats around so I could pick 19 dex on one if I wanted to try to play dodge.

Musashi

Post by Musashi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:13 am

I dont understand the goal of making rerolls worse - the majority of the active playerbase has at least a few superstatted alts, and the small percentage who dont now wont. All it does from my understanding is add another barrier between newer players and established players :lol: :lol:

iria

Post by iria » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:04 am

Idea was not to make rerolls worse, it was to fix the horrible lag that rerolls caused whenever it rolled above maxstats(which happened a lot if your char was already maxstatted), rerolling my Seanchan froze the mud for 5-7 minutes. Rerolls being worthless was likely an unforseen sideeffect of the fix to mudlag, and I think not intentional.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:21 am

Well let’s hope that gets fixed

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:30 am

"Doubt you'll see major changes to statting happen, so I think the most realistic option would be for the immortals to offer close to superstats from the prerolledstats. They're already pretty decent, but don't think it would matter much if you bumped them up some. Could be 19 11 11 18 19 warrior, 18 11 11 19 19 rogue, 19 11 11 19 18 hunter. Keep mentals low so people can stat for better if they want, but if they just want to get going they'll have a powerful character. If this is too much could also just be 2x18 1x 19 in physicals for hunter/rogue and a 19 17 19 for warriors. 18 19 18 rogue, 19 18 18 hunter. Warriors seem super easy to stat, so I imagine most people would just stat for something sick there, but gives people a super strong hunter/thief for those who don't want to stat for a month to get powerful stats.

As to rerolls, I think my favorite part was being able to switch setups even if I was maxstatted or improve on HPs (think Aang rerolled into 19 14 14 19 18 with around 356 hps for his 300s, so still some superstats but the HPs were so bad, so rerolls allowed for improvement to HPs). I have a couple chars that are 19 18 19 and what I liked about the rerolls is the option of swapping the stats around so I could pick 19 dex on one if I wanted to try to play dodge."

Getting prerolled stats max physicals would be a very good move - I think even if just human hunter got this option (leave others as is). The fact you can stat for 5k+ statistically for a 19 x x 19 18 hunter is just too long

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:44 am

Rerolls also gave older players a reason to come back and un-retire some characters. Now they come back and get disappointed by the rerolls :?

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:07 am

iria wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:04 am
Idea was not to make rerolls worse, it was to fix the horrible lag that rerolls caused whenever it rolled above maxstats(which happened a lot if your char was already maxstatted), rerolling my Seanchan froze the mud for 5-7 minutes.
Yep did this too. When I came back in the autumn Vampa babysat me whilst I rerolled the rest of my characters, whilst great, imms shouldn't need to do that.

But now I do have 2 rerolls I'm not going to use because of the breakage. :(