Warrants without an in character reason.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Reyne

Re: Warrants without an in character reason.

Post by Reyne » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:25 pm

Raken ferry to FD

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:59 pm

True, forgot about that. I only thought there was one from Falme to Tarendrelle

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Seanchan aren't nearly as inhibited as you seem to be making them out to be. As it is, I think you've probably drawn out the blanket warrant system in a bad way. Perfect world, we wouldn't. Things like that are more for gameplay purposes than any sort of RP. Which I think is fair, considering it is a game and we need to make certain amenities for the purpose of playability.

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Octavio wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:19 pm
Maegon wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:10 pm
Bivia wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:23 am
What bothered me was that as a pretty new player I still foolishly thought the three oaths were a part of tower rp. After that I learned that the three oaths had been "relaxed" a bit so tower members didnt have to wait until someone they knew was hostile actually attacked them in order to fight back.

Long story short, blanket warrants are fine and rp doesnt matter anymore.
Game Mechanics. I wouldn't even be able to weave against seanchan 99% of the time if I had to wait until the "the last extreme defense of (my) life". There are also at least a few examples in the books where an aes sedai put herself into direct danger to be able to weave or "broke" an oath because they were convinced they were following the oath.

For the record, I don't actually like blanket warrants either, but as I said previously, it was likely allowed because it was seen as the best option available for immortals. You can always push for your own clan to not blanket warrant people if it's important to you.
Well that was a rare example, not one used every single time a channeler channeled.

I believe that there is no perfect solution, however the malus against playing a Seanchan character is a bit overwhelming when compared to playing a LS player. Think about if your only mainland city was Falme and every other city was owned by Seanchan. Or you wanted to get from the west coast to northern PK but had to travel through every hostile city to get there because you cannot use a coach, or boat. Even DS has zones and zones of lands, multiple cities to travel to, and numerous smobs to play with.

Just looking for some equity here between the sides.
I can't tell if you are trolling at this point or if you just don't understand that Seanchan aren't Lightside, they are their own independent invading force with bonuses and maluses.

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:25 pm

I am warranting Rig for making a constructive comment.

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Red Eagles
Vote to Declan - Joolis

Mikhan

Post by Mikhan » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:52 pm

Rig wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:02 pm
Seanchan aren't nearly as inhibited as you seem to be making them out to be. As it is, I think you've probably drawn out the blanket warrant system in a bad way. Perfect world, we wouldn't. Things like that are more for gameplay purposes than any sort of RP. Which I think is fair, considering it is a game and we need to make certain amenities for the purpose of playability.
+1

Choen

Post by Choen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:27 am

Lol I wasn't given a pardon quest because whoever read it deemed it not RP enough. firetruck this game

Zerious

Post by Zerious » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:05 am

well in case no one was aware the reason all the ss get thiefbane warrants is because some seanchan attacked a few thiefbane inside emonds field, where they were not warranted and doored them and killed them. thus the 'game' need for blanket warrants so people aren't sitting inside cities waiting to die bc mobs wont assist against an invading army. it makes sense to me.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:40 am

Choen wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:27 am
Lol I wasn't given a pardon quest because whoever read it deemed it not RP enough. firetruck this game
Not RP enough here having the meaning no RP whatsoever. It was literally "I don't remember what I did. Give me a pardon."

It wasn't just "whoever read it" either. Several people looked at it and decided yeah it's a bit *too* sparse and demanding. All we asked for was a sentence or two that would be in character showing a little more politesse or remorse than this and you just said "no." I basically offered to write the request for you, you said "no." We're not quest dispensers over here.

Regardless, bring me High Lord Turak's head and we'll call it a pardon.

e: Kind of difficult threading the line between too much RP and not enough RP sometimes. In this thread there are people saying the RP is too light and also people saying it is too much. Wildly depends on who I am interacting with, clearly. However, I'm a person here too. I play this for my own enjoyment. I don't get extra rewards for dealing with the administration of the pardons/etc. I would therefore like some level of RP interaction when doing this. I'll try to cater to people who want more or less RP but I also am here too - am not an NPC. It's not really about forcing you to RP and I don't think it was too big of an ask.
Last edited by Reyne on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.