Warrants without an in character reason.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Darlanyu

Warrants without an in character reason.

Post by Darlanyu » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:17 pm

Today I was warranted by someone who merely read the who list. I've never interacted with this person or even seen them in game.

I knew that eventually I'd pick up a warrant, but expected it to be due to an in character reason. IE the person giving me the warrant had interacted with me or I'd entered their territory. Instead the person used out of character means to warrant me and a number of other people.

What are your thoughts on this,is it OK to issue a warrant because you've just read the who list? Or should an in character reason be required to issue a warrant?

Bivia

Re: Warrants without an in character reason.

Post by Bivia » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:30 pm

Apparently it depends on the parties involved. Tower and SS warrant eachother based on the who list same way tower and *oL do. Blanket warrants are indeed an acceptable thing.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:39 am

You are an invading army hell-bent on destroying everything the Tower stands for, and enslaving all channelers with the a'dam..

I dont see the real wrongdoing here with a Tower clanned warranting you

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:17 am

I have posted numerous times about this action. It is completely BS that anyone can warrant anyone based on a who list. Warrant someone based on a scout, or an interaction, or a treaty partnership, anything involving some type of real interaction. Warranting someone based on a who list WHICH YOU WOULD NEVER SEE IN REAL LIFE, is a completely lame way to play the game.

What's really screwed up with this is that it is really only practiced on one side, or by just a few select people. I have never warranted someone based on reading their name on the who list...and I cannot name one Seanchan player who has done so either.

This needs to be changed.
Last edited by Octavio on Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samara

Post by Samara » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:19 am

Eh why do you think there are so many wanteds when you log on your Seanchan character? :p Were a couple who blanket warranted every clanned LS character. I don't mind much, just because we're on the sameside doesn't change the fact that SS is in essence their own side(purple trollocs) and an invading army at that, just as it doesn't change the fact that LS are Oathbreakers who should probably be warranted if they haven't sworn the Oaths. If you want to get a pardon you can work out some treaties with whatever nation.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:43 am

I have zero issues with warrants. I have issues with warrants that are given with absolute zero player or NPC interaction. That's the issue that needs to be fixed.

livendros

Post by livendros » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:38 pm

it cuts down on new seanchan being able to get those easy kills in cities that dont aggro them... until someone wises up to it

Eol

Post by Eol » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Your idea is based on a well intended idealism. The rule is based on wotmud's dark hearted realism.

Like Livendros said - they literally had to take the gates off EF because a group of Seanchan were killing humans inside with the gates barred while the mobs stood by and watched. Seanchan implementation left a lot to be desired.

As for Seanchan warrants, my inactive Accepted was warranted much to my surprise. I literally figured the Imms had done it for Seanchan/CoL because she had like 1 minute of playtime in a year. I signed to find myself warranted and was like - when did this even happen. I will continue to express my disappointment in the CoL-Seanchan smob warrant reporting junk that was perpetuated on the rest of us. The CoL/Seanchan warrants on everyone made a lot more sense in light of ya'll getting a perk from it.

For the sake of justice clans I hope blanket warranting remains in the game. Every villain who gets warranted always fights like a lawyer tooth and nail. Perhaps I'm jaded because it turns out all my Seanchan interactions were with Cosmo's alts.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Eol and Livendros are correct and have stated it perfectly.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Well, A) two wrongs don't make a rights. Learned that in the kindergarden sandbox. Just because you CAN warrant someone based off the WHO list doesn't mean it's right.

B) Seanchan attacking EF is something that could have been fixed easily. There were a whole lot of things that got screwed over when the change happened. I am hoping that many of those things get fixed in the coming month(s) with the change back.

C) I agree with you Elo that your accepted getting warranted is BS, that's the entire point. I am all for any type of warranting system EXCEPT one that allows for warranting without any player/NPC interaction. Let LS put out scouts that do noting but notify LS that Seanchan are in the area and let those scouts auto-warrant clanned seanchan, or make any Seanchan aggression result in an automatic warrant. Otherwise you take away any opportunity to be true to the books where there WAS trade and interactions between Seanchan players and LS players.