In Memory of Donna Pratt

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Alayla

Re: In Memory of Donna Pratt

Post by Alayla » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:45 am

I did not know Donna personally as well as most, but in listening to everyone speak of her I can only echo their words. She was great fun, giving, and a friend to my characters in more than one clan.

I think what is most telling is that many of the people posting and talking about how wonderful and giving she was, they themselves ended up being the very people I experienced as being wonderful and giving when I first started, and in turn inspired me to try and emulate the same as well. That’s quite a legacy she left us, and she will be missed and remembered!

Elyse

Post by Elyse » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 am

Devastating, devastating news. My deepest condolences to Donna's family.

Ishaq

Post by Ishaq » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:03 pm

I'm very bad in these situations so I can't do this. I hope she's happy and at peace wherever she is and my condolences to her family.
Rest in peace Donna.

isabel

Post by isabel » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:20 pm

I wish I had the proper words.

Between Aishling and me there was only warmth. Always. By her second or third tell to me, she was already affectionately calling me her "mini me" (because Aish/Aishling). She just welcomed me into her life as if I belonged there.

We had such lovely and open-hearted conversations. But it was more than that. I don't know if I can express this properly. She was my people and I was hers. And the fact that she was friends with so many different people here makes it that much more special.

God, it feels so pointless to even list the things I found amazing about her. I wish I could have told her - but it doesn't even matter. Aishling was/is a wonderful, loving friend, and a delight to be around. I have felt so much affection from her and for her.

Aishling, my sister, my fellow queer traveler, one of the warmest lights in this world - wherever you are, you are loved.

Muntson

Post by Muntson » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Just came in to say firetruck. :(

Gulwinid

Post by Gulwinid » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Farewell Friend. :( Rest in peace.

Leria

Post by Leria » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Carters post made me cry tears both of joy and grief. I was in on his final "prank" on her before he told her that he was the novice that was pissing her off. Behind the scenes it was entertaining to watch her guess at who it could be and never once considering it was Carter.

It was shortly there after that she came to me in RP asking about the Browns, and my first critique (before I knew it was Donna) was that this girl was SUCH a brown noser. I messaged her and said something to the effect of... ugh how do I get this soon to be accepted to give me a better answer than "oooh I love books and knowledge." She didnt respond to my message but the novice in question changed her demeanor and suddenly had sharper answers and gave me some wit. Shortly there after Daina became my apprentice. Donna knew that my studies would pull me for lengths of time but she believed in me to see her to the Arches.

May the strength of the Creator guide you to a new thread to return your light to us all.

Terinor

Post by Terinor » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Donna is a more recent mud friend of mine. Our first interaction was right after emonds field got changed and she spoke to me about some of the work and aided in fixing a few things. From there we ended up playing together a lot bc we shared close friends. This news shocked me. I truly feel for the family and our mud community won’t be the same without her. Much love.

Rudra

Post by Rudra » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:19 pm

My deepest condolences to her family.

It is always sad to hear these type of news. Even though some of us are not playing the game as much as we would like to as the years pass, we are still all connected through this game. We have spent enough time with each other to create a life long friendship. 😢

Atienne

Post by Atienne » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 pm

I have known Donna for a very long time. I used to talk to her a lot back in the day. I disappeared from time to time, but whenever I would come back we would pick up from where we left off. She is so many things: kind, caring, helpful, loving, compassionate, and fun are just a few that come to mind.

I thought of a very old song while praying over her passing. In particular, the bolded portion (emphasis is mine) reminds me of her, knowing how she endured through sickness while still being kind, helpful, and forgiving. I will miss her here on Earth, but this gives me faith that she is living on in glory. I think she would like it too as the imagery of the Sun, Moon, and the four basic elements is beautiful.

The Canticle of the Sun
Most High, all powerful, good Lord,
Yours are the praises, the glory, the honour,
and all blessing.

To You alone, Most High, do they belong,
and no man is worthy to mention Your name.

Be praised, my Lord, through all your creatures,
especially through my lord Brother Sun,
who brings the day; and you give light through him.
And he is beautiful and radiant in all his splendour!
Of you, Most High, he bears the likeness.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Moon
and the stars, in heaven you formed them
clear and precious and beautiful.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brother Wind,
and through the air, cloudy and serene,
and every kind of weather through which
You give sustenance to Your creatures.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Water,
which is very useful and humble and precious and chaste.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brother Fire,
through whom you light the night and he is beautiful
and playful and robust and strong.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Mother Earth,
who sustains us and governs us and who produces
varied fruits with coloured flowers and herbs.

Praised be You, my Lord,
through those who give pardon for Your love,
and bear infirmity and tribulation.

Blessed are those who endure in peace
for by You, Most High, they shall be crowned.

Praised be You, my Lord,
through our Sister Bodily Death,
from whom no living man can escape.

Woe to those who die in mortal sin.
Blessed are those whom death will
find in Your most holy will,
for the second death shall do them no harm.

Praise and bless my Lord,
and give Him thanks
and serve Him with great humility.