New Players: FB Groups

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
werf

New Players: FB Groups

Post by werf » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:00 pm

This is a thread that is a sub-thread of our original thread designed to attract new players. In this thread we will begin breaking out mini campaigns in efforts to attract X amount of people in our goal. This thread in particular is devoted to those willing to participate in joining and advertising briefly our free game in various facebook groups that might be open to games like ours. The plan currently is to post once a week, on the same day, for 4 weeks (1 month). Please post the groups on fb you'd like to post to so we don't overlap with one another. I plan on researching some soon and posting my 3 I plan to post to. Ideally each participant will post in 3 different groups. I have plans to post in my local craigslist as well but, I haven't gotten that far. It's also up for discussion.

we need to hash out the following:

1. what will the post say, links, image for header, etc.

2. what groups on fb we plan to post in.

We can discuss these simultaneously below until we can figure out a full plan which we will commit to shortly after finalizing the above.

Our goal from this mini campaign is 10 new players. We really are hoping to reach at least 10 people and encourage them to log on and give it a shot.

My first idea for the post was in the directions on how to log on/play I wanted to direct these players to checking who list and sending a tell to anyone with a newbie helper tag in their title for the month that we attempt this campaign.

Anyone that is interested in helping in this endeavor please change your title to |NEWBIE HELPER| as they will be looking to contact you as soon as they get in the game. Thoughts? Ideas?

werf

Re: New Players: FB Groups

Post by werf » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:08 pm

so.. nobody? out of the 95 views.. wants to help or contribute to anything? :oops:

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 pm

I missed this thread somehow.

I don't really use FB a whole lot so not sure about which groups I'd want to post in. I'll take a look though.
My first idea for the post was in the directions on how to log on/play I wanted to direct these players to checking who list and sending a tell to anyone with a newbie helper tag in their title for the month that we attempt this campaign.
This is a good idea. It's important to smooth over any obstacles - a lot of new people who are un-invested will hit a bump and give up if they can't get an answer quickly.

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:47 am

My issue with this isn’t that it isn’t a good idea, but that I find Facebook a bit much. I dislike the group element of Facebook, a friend of mine added me to a few on topics we both enjoy and it just felt like a constant bombardment, and a lot of Facebook can be really toxic. I ended up leaving them. I have it to keep in touch with friends and family and share memes and that’s it! :lol: I’ve had to stop using it before. I realise that isn’t helpful and I don’t want to put your idea down, I’m just explaining why I personally hadn’t replied.

I’d be much happier looking at reddit or twitter or tumblr personally. And a lot of content can be recycled on different medias!
Last edited by Raefnal on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

werf

Post by werf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:34 am

well at you least you spoke your part. for the other 94/95 Idk wtf to think haha. Would appreciate feedback or alternative sources if this isn't the one.

Orino

Post by Orino » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:45 am

I would also prefer Reddit

Brocas

Post by Brocas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:36 am

Same sentiment as above. FB is too personal. Players may not want strangers knowing their real names or any of the other personal information on FB.

What's wrong with using the current discord community?

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:02 am

Brocas wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:36 am
What's wrong with using the current discord community?
That's a good idea. Get Austin to make a channel and role for this and then people can share ideas about promotion etc.

The only thing I would say is before doing anything I think it's really important to have Ely & Austin's input as from a chat with Austin when I came back I believe there are some efforts in the works plus Ely has said she's got the FB page etc. Important to help but not step on toes contradict etc. etc. Consistency super important in marketing! :)

werf

Post by werf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:09 pm

you guys buzzkilled my will power to make change in the world. The fate of the mud is now in your hands, pick up the torch where I left off and go fourth.. conquer.. invite all the new people. alas, I can not continue.

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 am

So you're just going to quit because some people on the internet said some things? C'mon, get in there Werf!