Adding to our Playerbase - Campaign

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Adding to our Playerbase - Campaign

Post by Elysia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Reyne wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:31 pm
Maybe just add a daily limit to what the fish merchant will buy though (say 50-100 crowns per day max) so even if they do bot and manage to not get caught by a PKer it's not that big of a deal?
I'm not sure if I/ mobol can manage that. If I were to load the cash on the mob, people would just hit the mob for 50 gcs per repop, so that option is out.

Melat

Post by Melat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:43 pm

Make the mob wizkill?

People love gambling. Is why they get addicted to statting. Now transfer that addiction to things like fishing with % of rare fish or even a rare smob fish or item caught. Or even hunting. Turning in certain cuts of meats (like on ds) was an awesome idea! I havent tried yet but new things like that I want to and then teach new players that.

But things like joncast... I've been playing for years and i still dont understand it. Or the traveling circus Luca or whatever. Those obscure things are knowledge things that can only be passed on by other players who are aware and active.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Hrm dang. I don't suppose there's documentation into what the MOBOL can and can't do?

Can I apply to be a semi-imm just to mess around with it? 😂

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:47 pm

You dont mess around with mobol.. Mobol messes around with you :P

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:10 pm

You don't work with mobol, you work around mobol and often you have to do work arounds for work arounds. In fact, on more than one occasion I've been working on a work around for a work around and lost track of what I was actually trying to do there. :P

Orino

Post by Orino » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:59 am

I think this game is too complicated. You need advanced scripts/clients/pc/connection to compete. You work so hard to get to a point to pk and then rip due to lag or issues with client.

I can’t think of how many times I’ve asked for return of gear due to frustration because of lag or client freeze.

WrittenRealms/wot and Mudlet help for those that are able, but I am blocked at work and don’t have the time to make it feel like old zmud/cmud setup.

You log in less and less and find less reasons to play because of past toxic players and vulgar language.

You find that the few friends you had aren’t on anymore.

The few that do play keep you from clanning up north and work hard to keep you out of their clans.

Orino

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Maybe try not being a liar, a cheater, and the biggest whiner on here if we want to spitball the truth!

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Orino wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:59 am

The few that do play keep you from clanning up north and work hard to keep you out of their clans.
THIS. Fix this and you'll have a better game. Just make it easier to kick someone out and you won't have a fear of bringing them in. Or make all clans have a 90 days "try out" process. But FFS let everyone join whatever they want to.

Ashlee

Post by Ashlee » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Octavio wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm
Orino wrote:

THIS. Fix this and you'll have a better game. Just make it easier to kick someone out and you won't have a fear of bringing them in. Or make all clans have a 90 days "try out" process. But FFS let everyone join whatever they want to.
What are you talking about? If you are referring to ‘up north” as LS, I am pretty sure Lancers have not declined to clan anyone with maybe one or two exceptions in the 7-8ish years I’ve been in the clan. I can’t speak for DS, but clanning up north isn’t hard.

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Ashlee wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:34 pm
Octavio wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm
Orino wrote:

What are you talking about? If you are referring to ‘up north” as LS, I am pretty sure Lancers have not declined to clan anyone with maybe one or two exceptions in the 7-8ish years I’ve been in the clan. I can’t speak for DS, but clanning up north isn’t hard.
Surely if multiple clans decline you it begs the question what are you doing wrong? Can you ask for feedback instead of blaming people? I'm laying no blame or making no accusations, it's just not my experience so like Ashlee I am confused here.