Me being MIA .

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Caelophlyn

Me being MIA .

Post by Caelophlyn » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:43 am

Hey everyone. So I have told a few people what is going on, But it is getting tiresome doing it over and over. So I will just post here.

On September 20th Derek found me knocked out and unresponsive. Him and Chris got me into the car and took me to the ER. my oxygen level was in the 40's. normal is in the 90's. I don't remember any of this, was told by them. I was not breathing and the ER doctor and the pulmonary doctor were arguing over whether to intubate me or not. Dr. Melendez (pulmonary) told me that I had told them to just let me die. Don't remember that either. So he said he wasn't going to let me give up- The ER doctor was arguing that it was my choice. Melendez said I was not capable of making a decision like that so he intubated me and put me on life support (ventilator) He literally saved my life. Then I was sent to ICU.

I was in ICU for 30 days, 14 of those I was sedated because I was fighting them and trying to leave. So... they did surgery and did a tracheostomy. That is where they put a breathing tube in your windpipe . This allows air to enter my lungs.

Again,, your oxygen saturation Ievel should be 90 or higher. Mine was in the 40's and I probably should not be here. God wants me around for some reason. So after that I was in ICU for about 2 more weeks.

I'm in a regular room now and am ioff of major life support(vent) and am breathing on my own. I do still have to be on forced Oxygen but I started at 100% forced and am down to 55%. They are happy with my progress, still a long road ahead of me.but can do it.

I know a lot of people say things like this or worse for attention, so if anyone has any doubts, Vampa has the name of the hospital that I am in and the code to give the nurse to give him info on me... Im not sure how much longer I will be in here, But I know it will be a while. I can't eat, drink or talk. So getting rehab for that. I can finally stand up and walk a little.

Today makes 36 days in here, That scares me! I will do what it takes to get better tho. If any of you smoke, stop now while you have a choice. Don't end up like me. Miss you guys. Even the ones who hate me *shrug*

If you have any questions just send a message on here or discord.

Donna aka half the chars on the Mud!(Just ask Itesh lol)

Fyra

Re: Me being MIA .

Post by Fyra » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 am

You have clearly been through a lot, and are an amazing and strong woman. Stay strong, and know you're in our thoughts. I pray for a quick recovery.

hasp

Post by hasp » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:23 am

Broooo. I have left you so many messages wondering where you were. Get better. Stay strong and keep pushing. Miss you and our talks.

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:23 am

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Caelo, thankyou for letting us know you are doing better. :-)

Meren

Post by Meren » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:38 am

Missed you, Donna. Get well soon.

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:12 pm

That's awful. I hope you make a speedy recovery!

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Glad you're still with us. Best of luck in recovery.

Protus

Post by Protus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:30 pm

I wish for you a speedy recovery and best of luck in all your rehab. This sounds very scary and I wish the best for you.

-Corey

Mikhan

Post by Mikhan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:02 pm

That's rough, Donna. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Erulisse

Post by Erulisse » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Holy dung. 40% 02?! It is amazing you are still here, much less talking to us.

I'm glad you are doing better. We have all missed you! Good luck with recovery, demand a laptop and play, im sure it will help!

Get better and we will see you soon!