IDEA: Checking for uniques

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: IDEA: Checking for uniques

Post by Rig » Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm

It's not a lie.

There was a whole conversation on chats about how we were cheating and that it reeks of foul play, by Livendros. It went on for about 20 minutes. Thanks.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu May 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Razhak wrote:I like beer.
And I dont mean that Heineken piss.. but a good Trappist beer.

Discuss!

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Thu May 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Can we get back to Justice becoming a 2h long? Also down for a beer discussion.
Last edited by Maegon on Thu May 30, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

livendros

Post by livendros » Thu May 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Rig wrote:It's not a lie.

There was a whole conversation on chats about how we were cheating and that it reeks of foul play, by Livendros. It went on for about 20 minutes. Thanks.
how would livendros chat with rig?

Dolens

Post by Dolens » Thu May 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Pretty sure Fermin meant for us all to go to IKEA and check for uniques there.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu May 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Maegon wrote:Can we get back to Justice becoming a 2h long? Also down for a beer discussion.
Like I said, this is about beer, not pilseners.

My favorite: Jopen Trappist.

And not only because the name is just another slang for breasts in Dutch. Only Elysia will probably get that..

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Thu May 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Rig wrote:I once again, couldn't care less about how you or anyone else feels. The tactics of "win at all costs" should be on everyone's mind during pk because that's the point. To win.
The problem with this approach is that PK in wotmud has always depended upon a little bit of good faith. Once you're known for darken, or killing horses, or caning groups, or ridiculous baits, people will just leave once you show up, or not chase even when they may be winning. If the definition of winning PK is getting as many kills as possible, that's usually not going to happen by killing things as fast as you can and with maximum force. People have to feel like they had a fair shot to keep coming back to die.

No one wins if both sides go in without any kills.

I support Justice being a 2h abs sword, though if thats the case then hitting it should probably be slightly easier.

byrg

Post by byrg » Thu May 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Razhak wrote:And I dont mean that Heineken piss..
So are you say it's....
livendros wrote: part of the dung tier

Pounds

Post by Pounds » Thu May 30, 2019 5:35 pm

livendros wrote:
Rig wrote:It's not a lie.

how would livendros chat with rig?
Come on you know how that works. People talking on chats about someone cheating is strictly OOC and people talk to each other OOC. Everything gets back to Rig or whoever eventually.
Maegon wrote:Can we get back to Justice becoming a 2h long? Also down for a beer discussion.

THIS also bring back group fade and attack with swords and down paramerions again plz
Also remove defenders clan and give tear to illian k thx
ecthus wrote:
Rig wrote:I once again, couldn't care less about how you or anyone else feels. The tactics of "win at all costs" should be on everyone's mind during pk because that's the point. To win.
The problem with this approach is that PK in wotmud has always depended upon a little bit of good faith. Once you're known for darken, or killing horses, or caning groups, or ridiculous baits, people will just leave once you show up, or not chase even when they may be winning. If the definition of winning PK is getting as many kills as possible, that's usually not going to happen by killing things as fast as you can and with maximum force. People have to feel like they had a fair shot to keep coming back to die.

I support Justice being a 2h abs sword, though if thats the case then hitting it should probably be slightly easier.
It depends on who is PKing. I see plenty of people, myself included, who constantly try to kill someone who is known for bad pk, like Marisue with hurricane and flee/engage scripts. Part of the fun is when you finally get one over on them. You can't just incin people or run engaged timers anymore. There is no bash charge. No one spams contagion, or uses freeze/slow anymore it seems. Really, when you think about it, it's just bitching about Marisue using hurricane, and the "fleebies" who are just playing the way a defense / combo set up is meant to be played to get kills when solo vs numbers. People think it's unfair but there are ways to counter some of their tactics. You just have to wise up and fight back with the counter. I don't think I can remember one time someone left just because someone joined PK in recent memory where I was involved.
Last edited by Pounds on Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

livendros

Post by livendros » Thu May 30, 2019 5:36 pm

ecthus wrote:

Ecthus gets it. Sorry I had to use you as an example rig. You're not the only person currently or of history or I'm sure in the future that will be this way.