limiting council per player

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Lord Pe

limiting council per player

Post by Lord Pe » Fri May 17, 2019 5:06 pm

It used to be only one Council per player per side. Then it got changed to I think all you can eat? Someone correct me if I'm wrong and I will just delete this whole post. I feel like it should be 2 / side. Any thoughts questions discussion have at it!

Rodger

Re: limiting council per player

Post by Rodger » Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm

yeah, should be 1 per side - most clans don't need council maybe 5 actually need a council every master should be able to do all the relevant commands that a council does.

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 pm

don't really see the need to limit councils seeing as our numbers are somewhat down these days, and only surpasses 40-50 every once in a while. Council - in most clans - don't really come with any additional power, just the administrative stuff, so if people want to do that in multiple clans I don't see any harm in it, and then for the people who enjoy drawing up treaties and making relationships between clans the Council are generally the ones handling that as well. Think the imms are on top of it if people start abusing it. New system has been in place for however long and don't think we've seen anyone abusing stuff yet, or maybe it has just been handled discretely, but since the rule hasn't changed I doubt there's been a whole lot of abuse.

Benito

Post by Benito » Fri May 17, 2019 6:56 pm

I don't particularly care about multiple council per player, unless two of their clans come into conflict and they're actively making decisions in both clans. Too much conflict of interest.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Fri May 17, 2019 7:22 pm

Benito wrote:I don't particularly care about multiple council per player, unless two of their clans come into conflict and they're actively making decisions in both clans. Too much conflict of interest.
Exactly and with the new war system I have a feeling this is going to be the new normal for some people. I don't think two per side is too few considering our player base. I saw on the announcement about dark side and that really needs a good revamp 100%. Masters should not be the same as Council even on dark side.

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 pm

The words of a master of your clan on DS is law. They're essentially the leaders of the clan. Chosen are the step above that. Not sure how you're thinking that will change.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Rig wrote:The words of a master of your clan on DS is law. They're essentially the leaders of the clan. Chosen are the step above that. Not sure how you're thinking that will change.
All it would take would be for the player base and Immortals to come up with a solution. There could be an elected Council just like on Light Side. It definitely puts too much power in the hands of certain people.

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 pm

This sounds like the SS concern of finding a solution to a non-existent problem. I highly doubt Immortals are letting wars happen while one person makes decisions on both sides. As for DS, we did just fine for years on SS with letting masters be "council", and from what I've heard, DS tend to stomp out anyone who gets out of control.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Fri May 17, 2019 8:18 pm

I'm not much of a Darkside player. So perhaps things run just well over there. I remain skeptical whenever one person can be essentially counsel for every dark side Clan. However maybe it works best because there are many more masters with them.

Perhaps just revisit lightside. If the apologies mail can be believed then it's already created at least one problem. I'm only sketchy on the details. Don't really care to know someone's alts like that. And with the new war system and people's rampant inability to separate characters I can see this becoming a problem down the line. Best to curtail it now while we have active Immortals. I can see that coming to an end pretty soon as well.