limiting council per player

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Cosmo

Re: limiting council per player

Post by Cosmo » Sun May 19, 2019 12:22 am

Well there lies the politics and possibilities.

However the facts were at the time there was a treaty, negotiated peacefully with their interests in mind that didn't require them to bend the knee. It was just players abusing their power by singling out players and actions they didn't like which they had no actual control over.

If you don't want to treat SS peacefully, then don't but you can't just pick and choose which players/actions you like and dislike and you certainly can't expect SS to universally adopt your laws/values. You can't make a treaty with the Seanchan and expect them to suddenly stop being Seanchan. Of course, they'll respect the laws as per the treaty in your nation but they're still going to be pursuing the Corenne elsewhere.

I also don't know that we necessarily are destroying anyone down south. So far we've lost two wars, we have a treaty with Mayene, peace with Tear (for the time being), and there are a couple of other nations wanting to make deals with us.

At the end of the day, you're all going to swear the Oaths eventually though. :twisted:

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun May 19, 2019 12:27 am

Shienaran Lancer's are actually well known in game to get involved in dung that doesn't concern them in any way. I.E. Warranting people for murdering in the south. You think Shienar would give a firetruck if you were a murderer in Tear and came there? They wouldn't even know anything about that dung LOL

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Sun May 19, 2019 1:14 am

Rig wrote:They wouldn't even know anything about that dung LOL
Remember that time in the books where Rand left Emonds Field with Moraine and Lan, and they horse hopped to Fal Dara in 2 hours, then horse hopped back the next morning, because he forgot his favorite book?

While yes, there are some book limits, like someone already said, we have a large amount of freedom in our game due to it being a game. I still think this is complaining about a problem that's not there.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 am

I am more referring to the problem that players, namely lancers, usually warrant people for things like Cosmo is saying and they have literally 0
right or reason to do so other than to just be a piece of dung. firetruck do I know tho.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sun May 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Cosmo wrote:To summarise for you though, I received an FD warrant for killing an Aes Sedai in Mayene.
... you received that warrant after attacking a group a Lancer was in and hitting the Lancer. Then after appeal it was lifted. It had nothing to do with Lancers trying to be "world police."

Can we drop some of these grudges already?
for killing an Aes Sedai in Mayene.
In violation of your treaty with Mayene, by the way.

e:
Given we had a treaty with FD at the time
The treaty that says
6) Any Seanchan army member who proves to be too much of a threat to our allies elsewhere will be addressed with the Seanchan army leadership, with necessary action taken up to removal of their welcome in our lands.
?
Last edited by Reyne on Sun May 19, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Benito

Post by Benito » Sun May 19, 2019 1:31 pm

The vast majority of Lancer warrants are straightforward. The rest have to do with when Lancers are outside of Shienar, counterintuitive warranting rules, and players that can’t handle the thought of consequences for their decisions, which is the central component of RP.

It is crazy that Cosmo is still complaining about a warrant that was removed almost instantly and that none of us suggested should be reissued.

Cosmo

Post by Cosmo » Sun May 19, 2019 11:22 pm

I think you will find I never attacked or hit the Lancer. My account of events to this effect were supported by the Aes Sedai witnesses at the time. Check your facts Reyne :roll:

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 am

Thus the warrant was dropped.

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 am

I'm just going to say that even if you never hit him, attacking someone in a group means the others in that group can warrant you regardless of where it is...the rules about warranting were removed and it is back into player control...the very fact that you got immortals involved raises red flags.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Vehruer

Post by Vehruer » Mon May 20, 2019 1:02 am

Rodger wrote:...the rules about warranting were removed and it is back into player control...the very fact that you got immortals involved raises red flags.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Both of those are incorrect :) Warranting rules are in this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=300

Appeals to immortals are still part of the system, also.