disabling 'where' for clanned seanchan

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Lord Pe

disabling 'where' for clanned seanchan

Post by Lord Pe » Thu May 09, 2019 6:20 pm

At one point in time this code did exist. What does everyone think about adding that flag if it's still a thing to clanned seanchan?

Reyne

Re: disabling 'where' for clanned seanchan

Post by Reyne » Thu May 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Only if I can 'k seanchan.' :D

I dunno might be cool, wouldn't mind trying it and seeing how it goes.

hasp

Post by hasp » Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 pm

So they would still show up for someone like me? Or I hope you mean no use of where both ways.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 pm

hasp wrote:So they would still show up for someone like me? Or I hope you mean no use of where both ways.
the code only worked 1 way iirc. i wouldnt be opposed to both ways. but as it stands theyre basically indiscriminate murderers that can get qp off anyone of level they kill using a very powerful tool to hunt. another solution would be to only reward them for clanned kills.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu May 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Ohh so LS wouldn't show up on their where? Hm. I dunno if they really need the nerf *shrug*

CoL hunts Tower, too. Seanchan similarly have an RP reason to attack. I guess they have a wider range of targets...

The threat that Seanchan might hunt/kill you is a strong motivation for people to swear the oaths though so idk if I want to deprive SS of their tools so to speak without something in return?

Marrek

Post by Marrek » Thu May 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Lol. April was a month ago. Save this again for next year :)

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Reyne wrote:Ohh so LS wouldn't show up on their where? Hm. I dunno if they really need the nerf *shrug*

CoL hunts Tower, too. Seanchan similarly have an RP reason to attack. I guess they have a wider range of targets...

The threat that Seanchan might hunt/kill you is a strong motivation for people to swear the oaths though so idk if I want to deprive SS of their tools so to speak without something in return?
col hunt 1ish clan or char type and only get qps for WANTED wheras clanned seanchan get qps for any LS of level while knowing their exact room in zone

As an addendum I would be for this loss of where for any known dark friend and anyone that can get QPS from any kill on the same side.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Either way, whether the feature exists or not, it's still coding and Flash currently has other code-related priorities. E.g. crash cause fixing.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Thu May 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Elysia wrote:Either way, whether the feature exists or not, it's still coding and Flash currently has other code-related priorities. E.g. crash cause fixing.
Is it an already coded feature?

I'm pretty sure it already exists but I I think I know what you mean it would require some monkeying with it and that would be coding.

Well what about restricting the QPS that they can get to clanned enemies only?

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu May 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Mobol can't decipher who's clanned and who isn't when said person isn't on, it's always been a problem.

At best it can not take bits, or not take bits and warscalps.

Either way, samesiding is part of the game and it's not exactly out of control atm.