disabling 'where' for clanned seanchan

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
iria

Re: disabling 'where' for clanned seanchan

Post by iria » Sat May 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Pe... come on

Marrek

Post by Marrek » Sat May 11, 2019 11:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9282

Seanchan Empire rules, for whoever was asking. It’s been on Tales for a while now - stickied and all - and reposted a few months back. I do need to update it re. The current treaties we have though. I’ll do that at some stage.

Pallaeon

Post by Pallaeon » Sat May 11, 2019 11:24 pm

So is it all oathbreakers are prey or not? Seems to be conflicting opinions from the seanchan masters in this thread.
Cosmo wrote: If you don't want to swear the Oaths on your character and you're not wanted/clanned you are still an Oathbreaker and that makes you an enemy.
How does this hardline stance jive with the treaties with certain ls areas? Mayene and the Borderguard certainly haven't bent the knee to the Empress.

Tso wrote:
Kerryk wrote:when it boils down to it Seanchan are not trollocs so stop eating every human you guys come across
But they don't? I don't know if you just haven't noticed, or if you're keeping hold of your old biases, but there's been a lot of rebranding going on internal to seanside since the merger. And, certainly I don't advocate purple trollocism, nor does it happen any time I play with my seanchan friends.
There have been multiple people asserting their right and duty is to kill anyone and everyone not sworn or seanchan in this very thread. I don't think the messaging on the rebrand is very clear at all.

Self policing unfortunately almost always looks inadequate from an outside perspective while simultaneously feeling heavy handed from an inside perspective. Clear rules about expected behavior and ways to address grievances certainly help. I couldn't find a post about whom to mail for bad acting seanchan and didn't know it was an option til it was posted in this thread. Sometimes things clear as day to insiders are obfuscated for outsiders.

Cosmo

Post by Cosmo » Sat May 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Who do you normally mail about any clanned person acting inappropriately?

Like honestly people, you mail their clan.

If anyone has acted inappropriately don't you think everyone would be all over them and all up in that dung? Of course!

You know exactly who to contact and how. You're just being completely silly now.

Pallaeon

Post by Pallaeon » Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 am

I thought people just go straight to the immortals. I've never received a clan mail that didn't have to do with forum access, clanning, or that one lame persons mail. I've also never tried to report anyone for inappropriate behavior with anything but pray and that was just some person that was attacking everyone that came into the newbie area. I am not being disingenuous.

From a rp perspective, this character would love to have the all the humans stop murdering each other and work together against the dark. Understanding what everyone's intentions are is important to this goal. It's hard to defend treaties and alliances when one groups primary goal is to kill every last human unless they are in their clans or the gatekeepers of more qps. Things seem to be a bit up in the air as to where the seanchan stand. You guys definitely aren't coming across as a cohesive military.

Tbh I'm not really sure what the proper rp should be at this point. Is team kill-all-the-humans in the right or are those that chose not to kill all the humans abdicating their proper responsibilities? Maybe that is oversimplifying things. There seems to be a lot of pressure for everyone to just be cool and let each player do their own thing. If that's the case then we should drop a bunch of the pretenses.

Enok

Post by Enok » Sun May 12, 2019 9:42 am

Cosmo wrote: SS has always had the MOST strict RP in the game and it is all completely self policed and enforced by players. We do not tolerate anyone disregarding their RP or position within SS. We are perhaps even more strict about RP than the White Tower or any other clan/side. I would even go as far to say that part of the reason the Imperial Army became an implemented clan from a PRC was their RP and organisation was just so good.
Whoa there. Remember when Tzao, being master DW, sorted DW business on his CW alt via yells falme zone during/right after cross-race pk? Yeah, that's one example of not so stellar RP. We're basically all the same people. Most, if not all of us, have played seanchan, troll and human. We're all lame, opportunistic and perfect. Seanchan aren't perfect by any metric. You DO tolerate people disregarding their RP when it's your friends at which point you write it off as a misdemeanor. It's the same as every other clan.

I think most of us can agree that no "where" is off the table. Let's move on.

sevas

Post by sevas » Sun May 12, 2019 5:10 pm

While I will not presume to speak for other Seanchan clans I will say Imperial Army mostly tries NOT to deliberately target players under level 30.
Do mistakes happen? Of course. Is there always a fnut in a clan? Of course. But for the most part it is a matter of each player polices him or herself.

That does not always work either but when people will not smob with you or back you in pk you kinda get the hint. It is what it is, lets move on.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Sun May 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Pallaeon wrote:So is it all oathbreakers are prey or not? Seems to be conflicting opinions from the seanchan masters in this thread.
Cosmo wrote: If you don't want to swear the Oaths on your character and you're not wanted/clanned you are still an Oathbreaker and that makes you an enemy.
How does this hardline stance jive with the treaties with certain ls areas? Mayene and the Borderguard certainly haven't bent the knee to the Empress.

Tso wrote:
Kerryk wrote:when it boils down to it Seanchan are not trollocs so stop eating every human you guys come across
But they don't? I don't know if you just haven't noticed, or if you're keeping hold of your old biases, but there's been a lot of rebranding going on internal to seanside since the merger. And, certainly I don't advocate purple trollocism, nor does it happen any time I play with my seanchan friends.
There have been multiple people asserting their right and duty is to kill anyone and everyone not sworn or seanchan in this very thread. I don't think the messaging on the rebrand is very clear at all.

Self policing unfortunately almost always looks inadequate from an outside perspective while simultaneously feeling heavy handed from an inside perspective. Clear rules about expected behavior and ways to address grievances certainly help. I couldn't find a post about whom to mail for bad acting seanchan and didn't know it was an option til it was posted in this thread. Sometimes things clear as day to insiders are obfuscated for outsiders.
Exactly. Make a policy that either all hunans clanned or not are prey or make it so only clanned targets and special circumstances be wprth QPS. Put it on TOE for all to see. If yoy pick all humans can be prey I fail to see why you should get full if any QPS for an unclanned minding their own business because you have where and are supposed to be "for experienced players". This is also not just for the SS. Anyone that has this same setup.

hasp

Post by hasp » Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 pm

I guess theoretically all who are not sworn should be warranted then free game.

micha

Post by micha » Sun May 12, 2019 9:12 pm

where is this coming from. I don't understand what sparked this thread.