thoughts on seanchan

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
kattin

thoughts on seanchan

Post by kattin » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:34 pm

how many people would be opposed to reverting to purple highlighted players, even if we didn't change back to ss?

don't know if that's possible. Wish we would respond to K seanchan again as well.

Any one object to this or what are your thoughts?

Jaster

Re: thoughts on seanchan

Post by Jaster » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:35 pm

No. That would be just as stupid as the first go around at this. You’re lucky they didn’t just delete you all
For being a waste of time.

nareyda

Post by nareyda » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:49 pm

I'd argue that although northern pk has always been very significant, for those that learned southern zones back in the day that was extremely fun and gave life to multiple clans. I need more of a reason than "i don't like this". What are your reasons for opposing this other than you simply don't like something. :D

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:32 pm

You're making this sound as if we have a choice. Don't bother, it's coding to make this work in a desirable way. E.g. Seanchan clanned being hittable by kill seanchan, while still being LS clans. We will not revert to it being a separate race. At least there are people playing Seanchan now, whereas previously some guy would log on, find himself alone and log off. Then 10 mins later another person would log on, find themselves alone, and log off. Hardly a desirable situation. At least this seems to work for more people than the previous incarnation did for the larger part of the last 10ish years.

Meshi

Post by Meshi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:25 am

When are the Aiel being implemented as a separate side?!

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Honestly I’ve been getting better and more pk from SS than I have from ds. Ds is like this strange little side that only has a couple of players, mostly logging to hit kfort or something like that, then immediately logging off.

When you encounter ds they hit you then immediately run to RK.

The other day 4 or 5 ds hit campish where two of us were fighting them. We ran Kajin area. Only Zeeb stuck around, and based on his yells, he seemed equally confused. The rest went north almost immediately.

I never thought I would say it but thank firetruck for guys like Rig who are actually doing something.

Seriously shout out to Zeek, Sevas, Raefnal and all the random channies who are trying to mix it up.

At least ss are raiding and trying.

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks Ominas. It’s been lots of fun to be busier these last few weeks! :)

We’re working really hard to revive the side, and interest in it. It’s hard personally because having been gone from the game so long, I came back to no clan, no continent and no purple, it’s a new and rough learning curve. And it doesn’t help that I’m dreadful at pk right now, haha! At least we got our clan back ;)

The players are here, and I think they are logging in more. We just have to learn how to be Seanchan in this new structure. I personally don’t miss Seandar. It was nice for exp and the zones were beautifully written, but the fact is our playerbase is dwindling and people need to be brought together. I don’t think bringing back those zones would help, and I don’t think being alone on a wholist would help.

I would like k Seanchan and k human to work, and it would be nice if there was another comms channel but not sure if that could even be coded.

What would be great is if people ventured into SW a bit more and Amadicia a bit more, onus on all of us, not just LS but myself and other SS players also. And numbers often seem to be heavily weighted to LS which is understandable, there’s more! We all want to win and get qps, but sometimes let’s think about what will encourage that player to fight another day and continue to be a source of pk, and maybe telling the extra few to back off will keep it fun for all. love banter on narrs but try to keep it fun, and Seanchanish. But I will admit to sometimes being disheartened when I’m vastly outnumbered, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. And disheartened people stop logging in. For me sometimes there’s a double disheartening because I can’t pk well right now, so it feels pointless because I can’t defend myself. But I’m determined to keep trying, and I’ve been making a big effort to not be part of tons groups in pk and hope others may see the merit in it.

If anyone wants to go toe me to toe with me, just let me know, you’ll probably win but I need the practice!

And on a personal note, I love rp. If anyone wants some SS vs LS rp, I’m game. If anyone wants to ask questions about the SS side, send me a message.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:31 pm

Just throwing out a few ideas:

1) Maybe we can make Lugard a Seanchan CTF for the next month, or even Whitebridge again. However it should be for the entire month where Seanchan players can rent in and out of. Of course I can also see how that would make the map pretty small.

2) Because any of the captured cites in the book either advances the timeline and/or are too far away from the rest of the map, how about making the moveable trollop camp a 30 day CTF with the same troops swapped out? This would allow Seanchan troops a random camp every boot for a month. Assuming we capture it of course.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Ominas wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:45 pm
Honestly I’ve been getting better and more pk from SS than I have from ds.
Same. Might just be the hours I'm playing though.
Raefnal wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:09 pm
For me sometimes there’s a double disheartening because I can’t pk well right now, so it feels pointless because I can’t defend myself.
Find someone you can fight who won't call down the rest of the who list on you and will return your gear when you die. *wink*

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Octavio wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:31 pm
Just throwing out a few ideas:

1) Maybe we can make Lugard a Seanchan CTF for the next month, or even Whitebridge again. However it should be for the entire month where Seanchan players can rent in and out of. Of course I can also see how that would make the map pretty small.

2) Because any of the captured cites in the book either advances the timeline and/or are too far away from the rest of the map, how about making the moveable trollop camp a 30 day CTF with the same troops swapped out? This would allow Seanchan troops a random camp every boot for a month. Assuming we capture it of course.
We can take Baerlon?