PK Behavior

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: PK Behavior

Post by Rig » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:50 pm

He's saying you'd be a better fade than me. Because he's an ass. firetruck you Kryyg.

Benito

Post by Benito » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Rig wrote:I am approaching critical healthpoints and suddenly spyder comes in, somehow scaring the dung out of 4 other channelers, a master lancer, some afk ld killer, and some other dude. They coulda regrouped 3 rooms away and won a fight or even went to mobs but nerp. Straight into Fal Dara with 3 of us low and one health dreadlord :).
1. There was no "other dude", as you know.
2. We "finally" hit you because we were chasing Ningishzidda around south of you, as you know.
3. Don't run four zones and then complain when the other side does. Camp would have been fine for you, as you know, to take a stand at--you were the only one low and channies have diminishing returns.
4. Don't grab mobs you don't need. You didn't need one and you definitely didn't need two, as you know. 5 bashers at a no-channel was already going to crush our group with 1 basher.
5. Kryyg sucks.

Equitant

Post by Equitant » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi Benito. Some corrections to your post. Camp is not fine vs 4 fcs. You guys could have regrouped in any other room outside of 1s x and won. Ningishzidda is amazing.

This is the kind of pk that is very frustrating. When a group of 6 players all have the natural urge to run as fast and far as possible, while playing super lame uber dps chars and setting weak ass traps (3n burnt is a terrible place for a trap) while likely talking dung about why the other side is running so far. The level of incompetence is off the charts for a game most of the players involved have prob played over a decade.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:48 pm

Lol'd. Equitant with the facts.

daal

Post by daal » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:00 am

Benito wrote:channies have diminishing returns.
Would you please explain this statement to me.

erulak

Post by erulak » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:06 am

daal wrote:

I assume it's from the perspective of leading PK. It's like having more fades in PK. It's not good. Try coordinating 4 channelers to do the same thing. Try having channelers being the faceoff buffers and the damage dealers. And if you *do* coordinate the channelers well, all it takes is the person who is being targeted to be aware of it to leave channelers doing literally nothing useful for rounds a time. It's not good. If I had a group of 4 to choose from, I'd rather have 3 people who can bash/buffer effectively and 1 channeler. Similarly, I'd rather have 3 trolls and 1 fade rather than 2 fades and 2 trolls for group PK.

Aishana

Post by Aishana » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:12 am

erulak wrote:
daal wrote:

I assume it's from the perspective of leading PK. It's like having more fades in PK. It's not good. Try coordinating 4 channelers to do the same thing. Try having channelers being the faceoff buffers and the damage dealers. And if you *do* coordinate the channelers well, all it takes is the person who is being targeted to be aware of it to leave channelers doing literally nothing useful for rounds a time. It's not good. If I had a group of 4 to choose from, I'd rather have 3 people who can bash/buffer effectively and 1 channeler. Similarly, I'd rather have 3 trolls and 1 fade rather than 2 fades and 2 trolls for group PK.

Basically. You've got 3 people who are going to lose melee fight badly, and the chances you get 3 people effectively weaving the same target reliably is low. You're just hoping some dude eats a bash solo with all 3 of them there, so 2 out of 3 get a weave off and rip him (will always be some bad fc that still doesnt get a weave off). And they're not spamming so while leader is rolling bashes nobody is going to re-engage and stop them.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:14 am

This means nothing to me when not even an attempt was made to do what you're saying could be done.

Benito

Post by Benito » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:17 am

Equitant wrote:Hi Benito. Some corrections to your post. Camp is not fine vs 4 fcs. You guys could have regrouped in any other room outside of 1s x and won. Ningishzidda is amazing.

This is the kind of pk that is very frustrating. When a group of 6 players all have the natural urge to run as fast and far as possible, while playing super lame uber dps chars and setting weak ass traps (3n burnt is a terrible place for a trap) while likely talking dung about why the other side is running so far. The level of incompetence is off the charts for a game most of the players involved have prob played over a decade.
The others got here before me, but they've got it right. The number of FCs isn't as important as the group composition. Is there a risk that things go badly for you in camp? Of course. But your chances were pretty good with mobs, moblead, and 5 bashers. One of the many situations in which fighting at a place with 50-50 odds is more likely to get you kills than fighting in a room where you're guaranteed to win.

None of us were talking dung. If it looks like a "weak ass trap," consider the obvious: it wasn't a trap.

Erynn

Post by Erynn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:18 am

*misses wotmud*

*opens forums*

*closes browser on page 3 of first thread*