PK Behavior

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Zangief

Re: PK Behavior

Post by Zangief » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:58 pm

It’s not risky to hit inside a city? And I’m still not successful for doing it? I’m confused.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:11 pm

I think ds has hit inside FD enough times to kill gutless people that it's not considered risky anymore.

iria

Post by iria » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Honestly the only thing you need to do is ask yourself "Would I enjoy fighting myself" if the answer is yes, carry on, if the answer is no, then change how you play, if you wouldn't have fun playing against yourself, its small chances the other side is enjoying it. There you go, I just saved the mud.

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:24 pm

I think we just all remember its a game and not be assess. Whatever makes us good or bad at something here, doesn't always transfer to real life ;)

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:03 pm

There's no reason to not be civil regardless of the circumstances. You can criticize or teach people without being nasty or going on and on and on about something they did wrong. There's a lot of newer players that just don't know what they are doing, too.

Also it seems like many people are very focused on getting a "fair" PvP matchup which imo is something that happens extremely rarely and to expect it regularly will be a constant source of frustration (in any game).

And for what it's worth if I'm link dead I personally don't care if you kill me. It would be nice not to die obviously but I won't be upset with you.

e:
re risk + mud changes, there should be more encouragement of risk taking then. People won't take risks for no gain, that's true. You can't really blame people for not going past Malk gate when there's nothing to gain and they stand to lose the stuff they've maybe smobbed for quite some time to get. Have some more incentive for LS to go up into the Blight and for DS to raid down past the borderlands? Not sure what that would entail though.

I like PvPing as terrible as I am at it and I've certainly gotten killed from 51 to 41 just having fun but I have to say there's little reason to do that when I might lose a belt I finally got after dozens of runs on a smob in exchange for turn points that don't do much (afaik).

Just my 2 coppers, obviously I've only been around for a few months.

stark

Post by stark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:22 pm

langois wrote:Jestin and Kryyg Doorbushed me so that Jestin could DL about 15 years ago.

Never forget, never forgive! Down with Jestyyg

Jestin Top, Kryyg Bottom...
Lol I remember this!!

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:24 pm

iria wrote:Honestly the only thing you need to do is ask yourself "Would I enjoy fighting myself" if the answer is yes, carry on, if the answer is no, then change how you play, if you wouldn't have fun playing against yourself, its small chances the other side is enjoying it. There you go, I just saved the mud.

all I've ever asked is people try 100% to kill me and I'll do the same - game is ruled by people who try 100% not to die. Makes for dung pk at the best and waste of time if being honest. Deleted cmud for about the 100th time. Hopefully you all won't ever see me again. Krygg and reen can just sit around and look at their turn points and finger their flappy vaginas.

hasp

Post by hasp » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Zeeeeb. Noooo. I never fought cause i was flails for xp. Respected you soloing a lot. Come to amador and find me sometime.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Everyone went in happy this pk session :).

I totally logged on to vulture Langois, then chased humans to dusty where they hit us with even numbers (i guess 4 tower channies counts as even numbers) so some of us are low and we run to 1s of the crossroads orchard after our friend stink dies! We await for them to hit and finally they do!

I am approaching critical healthpoints and suddenly spyder comes in, somehow scaring the dung out of 4 other channelers, a master lancer, some afk ld killer, and some other dude. They coulda regrouped 3 rooms away and won a fight or even went to mobs but nerp. Straight into Fal Dara with 3 of us low and one health dreadlord :).

Good pk, 10/10 would do again.

Being genuine and honest! Was best for everyone! People chose to walk away and we are all happy because of it! Go team!

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:40 pm

teepees forever. Zeeb I'm sorry your one of the players who can't differentiate dying because they suck and dying from taking risks. I know you tried seanchan, sucked, tried the next easiest trollocs rogue, sucked so you just stab horses for a living. It's fine. I would be mad if I played as long as you and never got anywhere or really got any better. I'll award you alt qps if you want, the bar is really low for new fades so you might be relatively decent. I've lost 5000 tps in the last year at least I'm sorry you were never on the kill.

It was the other way around Langwa jestin baited you to fade me. There was no doorbush as he was already a dread lord. It was glorious 3/3 bashes with a claymore and you called two wolves in. Jestin died since I forgot to spam haha.

It's so funny everyone is angry for choices they made. That's why the only deaths that are frustrating is when I or anyone is link dead hence the grudge I hold against anyone who does that. The game offers a thousand decisions you could have made to win or lose and 99% are your decisions. Play to have fun or don't. You think fades are overpowered then make one. Warder are far more overpowered. I say that as a player who has had both.
Last edited by Kryyg on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.