Dragon Belt

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
faul

Re: Dragon Belt

Post by faul » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:55 am

Problem with upping dodge to be "less bashable" than it is rather than "able to absorb some of the absurd damage being dealt these days" is that you can't really count on people using dodge to play like Rig or Fermin or Mikhan. There will always be some pansy in a perfect kit, pking only in the perfect conditions, or just not playing for months when they can't get them. I don't think we should make it any easier than it already is for those people.

A little absorption will help, but if you can sit something, you should be able to kill it.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:57 am

I agree

Firin

Post by Firin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Since I came back I haven't noticed dodgers having any particular trouble winning fights - even against master trolls. I'm sure the 1v1 matchup in a door is a bad one but real pk seems to go all right. Everyone seems to have acquired "no flee-lag" levels of wil while I was out and I think that is making a big difference.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Everyone except hunters who you would want to be the most numerous for good pk! Fix LS hunter statting !!!!

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:31 am

lol

granit

Post by granit » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:54 pm

I think dodge is pretty broken right now. I think these items could use some additional points somewhere.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:49 pm

Ryzom wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Dodge even with dbelt/surcoat/medallions/jcuffs is not good. Anything mounted with full parry trinks master is definitely going to sit you. I have 150db mounted on Rig. Getting sat constantly by anyone that isn’t using a dagger or fencing blade.
+1

If anyone has Malf you're just dead.

My suggestion is create more of a range on the dodge item stats such that the high end is actually worth it to get - echoing Fermin here when I say I've had (I think) one dbelt the whole time I've played and it is so underwhelming that I just don't care to put in the time/effort to get another one.

At the same time, institute a minimum bash % (perhaps only with certain weapon types and/or tied to prac %) so that the lowbie always have a shot to bash someone no matter what they're wearing. Like here if you're prac'd at 99% bash and you have a club or 2h then you're guaranteed at least a 10-15% bash proc. Now they're not gonna just sit on your patty like the Terminator.

This would also make individual rares more meaningful and worth wearing piece-meal versus only when you have the perfect set.
faul wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:55 am
Problem with upping dodge to be "less bashable" than it is rather than "able to absorb some of the absurd damage being dealt these days" is that you can't really count on people using dodge to play like Rig or Fermin or Mikhan. There will always be some pansy in a perfect kit, pking only in the perfect conditions, or just not playing for months when they can't get them. I don't think we should make it any easier than it already is for those people.
You're not wrong but at the same time balancing around these extremes instead of instituting hard/soft caps makes it suck for the other 95% of people who aren't as good as Rig / Fermin / Mikhan. We can make dodge more viable and at the same time make it harder to become invincible.

Like imagine being a noob and being told "well, just don't use one of the four main equipment set ups because it's only for pros that have been playing for a decade or more and we needed to gimp those players somehow."

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:15 pm

I would think the best way to give a little more back to the divide of top end trinkets in general is to remove 1 PB from the tier below. This will bring back value to wearing jcuffs, sids, and the dragon belt because total def numbers. Wearing the second tier stuff now and you only lose 2 total defense where if you lost 9 total defense (net of -7) then the top stuff would be more desired while at the same time the lower tier is still giving the same amount of DB to help the bash numbers like intended through their original upping.

Current stats:

Code: Select all

a Kandori snowflake necklace                   3    1    0     0.2 
a shimmering pendant of obsidian               4    0    5     0.1 

a silver Kandori wristcuff               3    1    0     0.1   sblade/projectile
a jeweled wristcuff                      3    2    0     0.1   sblade/projectile

a belt bearing a dragon worked in silver [R]         5    0    3     0.5   sblade/projectile
a belt with a buckle of cuendillar                   3    2    1     1.0   sblade/projectile
Lowering PB:

a Kandori snowflake necklace                   3    0    0     0.2 
a shimmering pendant of obsidian               4    0    5     0.1 

a silver Kandori wristcuff               3    0    0     0.1   sblade/projectile
a jeweled wristcuff                      3    2    0     0.1   sblade/projectile

a belt bearing a dragon worked in silver [R]         5    0    3     0.5   sblade/projectile
a belt with a buckle of cuendillar                   3    1    1     1.0   sblade/projectile

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Or ignore a tiny niche item.

If an imm is going to spend time to tweak items there's a lot more lacking or duplicated items across the spectrum.

There's no 2 2 wrists
There's no 1 2 wrists

There's no 2 2 rings
There's no 1 2 rings
There's no 0 3 rings

There's no 0 4 necks
There's no 1 3 necks

Trading off dodge for parry dont have to give items abs, makes it an actual choice.

There's 5 different 5 2 heads, or 2 4 light combo
nothing 0/1dodge with 3/4parry.

Sleeves there's 4 1 cloth sleeves, or 3 4 light combo, nothing else.

Same thing gloves there's 3 1, or light combo 2 4

etc etc

Benito

Post by Benito » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Taziar wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:15 pm
I would think the best way to give a little more back to the divide of top end trinkets in general is to remove 1 PB from the tier below. This will bring back value to wearing jcuffs, sids, and the dragon belt because total def numbers. Wearing the second tier stuff now and you only lose 2 total defense where if you lost 9 total defense (net of -7) then the top stuff would be more desired while at the same time the lower tier is still giving the same amount of DB to help the bash numbers like intended through their original upping.
Think the main problem with this is that OB is already a little bit too high across the board, so combo would take a big hit without dodge necessarily gaining anything.