Dragon Belt

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Auriona

Re: Dragon Belt

Post by Auriona » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Yeri wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm
Absolutely! But we're no longer in 'die in a bash from healthy' territory, so dodge becomes somewhat easier to survive in - sort of the same effect as adding some abs % to a few pieces if we keep the current state of attack.
Uhhhhh

Anyway I agree with Fermin that having a full dodge kit not do any of what you expect it to do is a complete pain in the ass and losing it to someone/s in full abs sets that aren't worth dung is a real kick in the pants.

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Also masochist, pseudo-dodge god, and glutton for punishment here.

Dodge even with dbelt/surcoat/medallions/jcuffs is not good. Anything mounted with full parry trinks master is definitely going to sit you. I have 150db mounted on Rig. Getting sat constantly by anyone that isn’t using a dagger or fencing blade.

Release of the bash formula along with information that parry affects bash, along with many weapons being upped in both weight/ob has led to making dodge much weaker than most of you think. You are not making yourself harder to bash with a dbelt. Or any other top end gear. You’re just putting on pretty items and then laughing at yourself like the idiot you are when you die from full hp in a single bash because you dodged 1 of the 3 bashes from the now very rich abser with a mallet/taxe/hooked swords.

Also Yeri knows nothing. I’ve died more in bashes from full to dead than I can bother actually reading my own saved logs to help his delusions!

Down OB/Weight!

Up Abs% on dodge!

Alvana

Post by Alvana » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:20 pm

They did that. It's called combo. ;)

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:25 pm

Auriona wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 pm
Yeri wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm
Absolutely! But we're no longer in 'die in a bash from healthy' territory, so dodge becomes somewhat easier to survive in - sort of the same effect as adding some abs % to a few pieces if we keep the current state of attack.
Uhhhhh

Anyway I agree with Fermin that having a full dodge kit not do any of what you expect it to do is a complete pain in the ass and losing it to someone/s in full abs sets that aren't worth dung is a real kick in the pants.
I feel like this is a common perception but not the right way to look at it. I will probably die 29/30 times to that dodge player (and I do), but the one time I do kill him in that set - after really doing all the right things and some luck, will always be highlighted as oh look the crap abs set beat the expensive dodge set. I think the real unbalanced thing is not about dodge as much as how off base master damage is to every matchup. If you look at non master abs vs non master dodge, it's not going to look as dramatic /bad.

That said, overall look at how much more good players of abs die vs good players of dodge. My feeling is that many people always Expect to die in abs - they expect it to be the garbage kit they throw on when they don't want to care about losing. But it's also a competitive setup.

Yeri

Post by Yeri » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:18 am

@Ryzom - feels like you misunderstood my post? I was saying that since Imms have discussed making attack scale differently and proc less, that this change (if it ever happens) would result in a 'fix' to dodge so you wouldn't be dying from full much (if ever, honestly).

I said nothing about what's happening now, I know you can die from full. I guess I always treated it as part of the setup, it's all or nothing and sometimes you're invincible (or you get bashed with 1 on you and nothing happens) and sometimes you get bashed with 4 zerkers on you and dung happens. The chance of insta-death comes with the chance of invincibility, there's always combo if you want a more measured approach.

isabel

Post by isabel » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:48 am

If you want the best abs setup vs dodge, you have to go clubs and not axes, that is just basic :p Axe is great if you're going to go up against other absers since you can really wreck them, especially as master. Lblade I don't know what it's good for other than a backup to Justice! The higher ob doesn't seem to stack up to much via the numbers at least if you're looking to break something unbashed.

TBh there is very very little reason to play in abs, barring that it is easier to re-eq (and that's not even entirely true nowadays with the ease of solo smobbing - but is mostly true in the sense that people will leave your sets and you don't have to bother re-eqing). Heavy combo with parry trinks is a far superior setup. Literally the only place it shines is that it is the one big counter to the big dodge setup and that too once in a blue moon. It puts a little bit of fear into dodgers who have to step lightly!

If you also look at who plays full dodge - it is channelers or stabbers (and sometimes chargers), who essentially have high damage special attacks. Having the high-risk berserk bash counter seems fair !

Yeri

Post by Yeri » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:09 am

Just popping in to point out that as far as bash is concerned, and assuming you don’t want trash damage (ie, excluding prod/mattock):

Axes - best bash vs dodge
Clubs - best bash vs abs/combo

Yeah, +9%, whatever. Check the numbers on taxe :)

isabel

Post by isabel » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:14 am

Hahahha Yeri = too pro

Also what I left out is that bone club bashes better than mallet .

I should have AXE-d you before picking R8 weapon/eq

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 am

Definitely taking the piss out on you, friend Yeri. Also
Shut up Alvana!!!! Combo is strong! Abs strong! Dodge weak!!!

isabel

Post by isabel » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 am

can we derail this into real issues like how ALL alting time should be 5 mins