discord

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Lord Pe

Re: discord

Post by Lord Pe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:11 pm

so here is a question for everyone. How many of you think the things you say on discord can be held up on the game as in character information?

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 am

I dunno, would it be cool if someone said firetruck lancers and got warranted on all of their alts immediately after?

Btw, firetruck lancers

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:37 am

I don't consider anything said in Discord to be in character.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:43 am

Rig wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 am
I dunno, would it be cool if someone said firetruck lancers and got warranted on all of their alts immediately after?

Btw, firetruck lancers
Charming, as usual. But yes that's the crux of what I'm talking about. Discord is apparently considered an official in game communication meaning things you say in there can reflect on whatever character you're trying to represent. I am -extremely- against this.

Enok

Post by Enok » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 am

Lord Pe wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:43 am
Rig wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 am

Btw, firetruck lancers
Charming, as usual. But yes that's the crux of what I'm talking about. Discord is apparently considered an official in game communication meaning things you say in there can reflect on whatever character you're trying to represent. I am -extremely- against this.
Says who?

The problem isn't discord. Change your username to Ballsack88 or something and your characters are fine. The problem is that we're human beings and certain people will use any means necessary to ruin someone else. I stopped being surprised a long time ago and you've been here even longer than I have.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:26 am

Discord should have no implication on any in game matters afaik. Anything said there is completely detached from any in-game repercussions.

I think that if something in game happens to you from any discord conversation/statement, that you should inform your/an immortal/staffmember

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:11 am

Discord is a valid way of communication for clans and sides that we will not punish for being out of bounds or OOC. Cracking down on someone alerting others through a non-game-affiliated way is a ship that sailed with AIM and ICQ, the old seandar.com forums, various off-site clan forums, people using Skype and whatnot, anyway. Considering Discord is ran by Vampa though, it's pretty official, albeit not necessarily IC.

So if some CoL tells their clanmates "hey, Bobby the Lion Warden banished me from Andor for emergency afking in CCS", then that's fine and we will not crack down or punish that person for using that means of communication, as opposed to telling their clanmates ingame or on forums.

If you go "I am the Dragon Reborn!" on Discord, that will/should not have IC consequences. But punishing someone for relaying relevant information to their clan or side mates through Discord is not going to happen, which was the original issue brought up, instead of this tendentious "things said on Discord can be held up on the game as IC information".

If someone is being abusive on Discord though, feel free to contact Vampa or any of the other Staff, or use the @admin tag.

And with that, thread closed.