War Pardons

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Tarkon Viera

War Pardons

Post by Tarkon Viera » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 am

Pardons:
With the exception of the Illian-Tear-Mayene conflict, after the war, all sides, winner, loser, allies, as well as official affiliates have to be pardoned. This excludes pardons that were given for being a male channeler or darkfriend (if issued based on evidence, e.g. not "You are a darkfriend!" "No, YOU are!").

Banishments have to be lifted. For most clans this means that they can only be re-warranted/ banished after they commit a crime.

One cannot be re-warranted for affiliation, e.g. being a Seanchan, being a clanned human, or being a Dragonsworn for a period of 1 month after the war.

This whole war system was put in so wars wouldn't be permanent. If warrants and banishments remain, it goes against the very purpose of the war system.
Does this not apply for war 1.0 but only 2.0 please clarify.

hasp

Re: War Pardons

Post by hasp » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:41 am

Just so you know I was not trying to be rude. The point of view I see is that it was the old system. You were never an official ally or affiliate then. I will be happy to follow what IMMs say but just wanted to let you know, I was not trying to be difficult.

Tarkon Viera

Post by Tarkon Viera » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:55 am

I know. I put it up here to get an answer. And another thing is how do you know if I am and ally or not if a country adds us as allies does that not make us allies. Buying services is one thing but once they make you allies does that change the dynamic. seems kind of silly to say well we are not gonna count 1.0 in the rules moving forward.

hasp

Post by hasp » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:58 am

All I know is that pardons were not required after the first set of wars. We asked Andor to do mutual pardons and they refused. Depending on what comes of this we will work it out easily enough.

Anor

Post by Anor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:06 am

Look to your laughable ally Andor for that. We put pardons on the table and they refused.

Also the 2.0 rules mean that affiliate/ally kills count as points whereas back in the first set of wars they did not. Meaning our kills on Iron First were worthless. We had to do extra work due to the loophole abuse of using people outside of the clans at war so you can do the work and do a pardon quest.

Aishana

Post by Aishana » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:47 am

Dont see why this would be retroactive. Work it out politically.

Marrek

Post by Marrek » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:03 am

I don't understand. There are a lot of clanned SS that were blanketly warranted just for being SS by multiple clans. We were told that this was completely legit and all was fair in love and war. Now, it's NOT legit?

Or, is it that we can blanketly warrant but if we officially go to war with someone then we have to remove that warrant for a month just to blanketly have it put back until the next war?

I'm very confused at this point. This seems like a big admin chore constantly adding and removing warrants...

Hope

Post by Hope » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:52 am

Marrek wrote:I don't understand. There are a lot of clanned SS that were blanketly warranted just for being SS by multiple clans. We were told that this was completely legit and all was fair in love and war. Now, it's NOT legit?

Or, is it that we can blanketly warrant but if we officially go to war with someone then we have to remove that warrant for a month just to blanketly have it put back until the next war?

I'm very confused at this point. This seems like a big admin chore constantly adding and removing warrants...

Easy solution. Dont blanket warrant people?

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:55 am

even easier: lets make two sides.. call one side for instance: darkside. Call the other side lightside for all I care.

Then have them go to war with eacho.. oh wait

nvm me, carry on

Marrek

Post by Marrek » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:12 am

Hope wrote:
Marrek wrote:I don't understand. There are a lot of clanned SS that were blanketly warranted just for being SS by multiple clans. We were told that this was completely legit and all was fair in love and war. Now, it's NOT legit?

Easy solution. Dont blanket warrant people?
See, that’s what I thought too. But turns out all the cool kids are doing it. I’d say I have a new warrant every time I log on, but I’ve logged on enough in the last few weeks that I’ve already completed the set. And that’s just me sitting inside Falme.