Hello!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Nash

Hello!

Post by Nash » Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 am

Hey everyone,

For those who know/remember me, I've been back for a few weeks on my alts (Isabel and Aish). I apparently still can't moderate my playtime so I need to drastically cut it down or go cold turkey again. I've realised I'm good at doing cold turkey but terrible at moderation. I've done like 1 months, 3 months, 6 months, 3.5 years - no problem when I'm not playing at all. But try to play in moderation and I fail and within 3 days I'm playing 8+ hours a day. And it just turns my life topsy turvy in the process.

This isn't a problem for most players I know because you guys are able to just play as much as you want to and switch off, but I'm one of those dive deep people :p So feeling a bit stuck with this. Also, I missed this community and many of the people in it. Was very happy to reconnect with some of you. The two funnest things these past weeks were 1) the Pk and 2) the nostalgia trips. There is NO ONE outside this space who is going to get the 'remember that time when we sneaked into keep after walking dism for ages and tried to kill a fade in maze on our noobie unclanned level 25 absers' kind of stories.

Imms - as a returning/outgoing player, just want to say that you guys have done such a fantastic job. Give yourself all the credit in the world for making something really unique and amazing. I think player attitude is a LOT better right now - and I think that is the deal breaker when it comes to playing or not, not some mobol or imm rule or game mechanic (though yes, mob rips suck - teehee).

My last ditch attempt right now is to try a once a month playtime - the middle Sunday (or another day near it if that Sunday is busy). I just can't do the one hour a day thing - it takes me 20+ minutes to run proper horses up, mend abs, stash some horses, wait for pk etc. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to quit quit again :(

I'm generally in a great place with a lot of things in my life and I hope everyone here is doing well as well. Thanks to everyone who makes this such a great space. (See? Leaving out all mention of the people who annoyed me last month - haha!)

<love> to all the cool people here

p.s - btw thanks to Ronin for fulfilling a lifelong wotmud-dream of playing with Justice - he gave it to me for a week while he was out of town and I had a lot of fun with it. Ronin - I will be giving you the uniques I got yesterday. Consider it poetic 'justice' :)

Kat

Re: Hello!

Post by Kat » Tue May 02, 2017 9:29 am

Isabel, the Retired Fade Stalker

Sad to see you go (again) you bring a lot of energy to northern pk.

But of course, at the end of the day, what's best for you, your health and your family is the most important and we wish you the best! Hope to see you around from time to time.

Equitant

Post by Equitant » Wed May 03, 2017 1:44 am

Tl;dnr

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Wed May 03, 2017 2:47 am

There is no pressure to play. Just play when you want and don't play when you don't want.

Hackett

Post by Hackett » Wed May 03, 2017 7:32 am

I had no idea that was you the other day when you were asking me to pardon Jael. :lol:
Glad to see you are doing well!

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri May 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Hey, I've had a good time playing with you Aish, even if it hasn't been for very long. The sparring was fun.

Definitely take care of real life first but I'll be happy to see you around :)

aish

Post by aish » Sat May 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Was fun for me too :) Really miss Tower events.

If you're around today - today's my 1 day of the month, so would love to sparify.