Admin account

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
pial

Admin account

Post by pial » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Who all has access to this account/ what is it?

Maegon

Re: Admin account

Post by Maegon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:24 pm

It has only made 6 posts, so I doubt it's much more than a placeholder account for changing the site.
Last edited by Maegon on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Every forum software requires an initial admin account to set up the forum and have highest access/permissions.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 pm

Your recreation of this thread after it was deleted implies you're as ignorant as you claim. Your question was answered, fortunately, but there is another purpose of Admin as well: creating order, by way of rules and guidelines.

Witch hunting is not allowed on the General forums, if you would like to do so please visit Amador in-game.

pial

Post by pial » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:19 pm

It isn't a witch hunt to wonder why an admin account would be snooping around on various clan boards. I have no idea who all has access to the account or what its purpose is. Asking a question to figure out what it is is not witch hunting in the least.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:11 pm

Your recreation of this thread after it was deleted is witch-hunting, just to clarify again what you did incorrectly. This is to protect you and not the administrators. If you feel harassed, even by me, please report it to me. Also try to remember that not everything is about you, as well. These rules protect everyone in the community.

pial

Post by pial » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 pm

My question was never answered in the original post nor was I sent a mail explaining why the thread was removed. If I didn't get an answer of what the admin account is/was and who has access to it which still hasn't been answered then I have no way of knowing what it was that I did wrong nor do I have a better understanding of who can use the account. Recreating a post that wasn't answered, and no reason given for its removal, doesn't match any definition of witch hunting I've ever seen.

Still don't understand why a simple answer can't be given about who has access to it, I'm merely curious.

Auriona

Post by Auriona » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:40 pm

pial wrote:My question was never answered in the original post nor was I sent a mail explaining why the thread was removed. If I didn't get an answer of what the admin account is/was and who has access to it which still hasn't been answered then I have no way of knowing what it was that I did wrong nor do I have a better understanding of who can use the account. Recreating a post that wasn't answered, and no reason given for its removal, doesn't match any definition of witch hunting I've ever seen.

Still don't understand why a simple answer can't be given about who has access to it, I'm merely curious.
https://youtu.be/_Q96-e042bk?t=20

8-)
Last edited by Auriona on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theid

Post by Theid » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Curiosity killed the cat Pial and you're running out of lives.

And on a side note, I don't think the Immortals or whoever has access to Admin, should feel in any way shape or form obliged to answer your questions, period.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Theid succinctly answered it very well. You can ask anything you'd like. You are not owed an answer, but one will be provided to you if it is reasonable. In this case, it is not.

Auriona's response was humorous. Theid, any further remarks from you targeted at Pial (even though your goading is clever, it's derisive), will result in loss of ability to post to anything other than private and clan subforums.