Retroactive punitive policies

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Taziar

Re: Retroactive punitive policies

Post by Taziar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:29 pm

How many R7 masters in game?

isabel

Post by isabel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm

I just remembered
We already have one Avenue of forcing people to pk and it is ugh

Every month one aes sedai would show up in FD, sit malk and basically selectively follow pk to meet easy scalp reqs to 7.

To be clear, anyone in pk who is there Just to collect scalps

Makes
It
Worse

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm

Until we get the real number of R7 masters:

Say there are 100 R7 Masters in game that got audited for this policy and only 5 (verified) were affected.

That mean 5% was affected... 5%. I assume that there are more than 100 R7 Masters... so this percentage is only going to get smaller.

Did anyone do the math on this before instituting a policy that has such little affect? Hasn't been the number 2 gripe from immortals for the last 20 years all the management they have to do? (#1 was always coding). A 95% take rate is better than almost any statistic you can get in any venture you can do in this world... wtf?

My guess is no one did the math first? Taziar never tried to PK and he passed the litmus test somehow... why create a dividing line policy and start all this dung?

reil

Post by reil » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm

You're looking at just the people who are already masters. The only real impact is on a go-forward basis for anyone looking to rank from 6 to 7 or 7 to 8.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:43 pm

reil wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm
You're looking at just the people who are already masters. The only real impact is on a go-forward basis for anyone looking to rank from 6 to 7 or 7 to 8.
Thank you for your response.

Harker

Post by Harker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 pm

reil wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm
Or technically any rank 7 that got affected and really only wants to have a chill time or just wants to get a QP buffer that isn't related to PVP so they can issue equipment and whatnot. When I found out it was only five people I don't know why they just didn't say going forward and give those five characters a pass. I think we as a community can say just give them a pass and tell anyone from now on ranking from 6 to 7 and 7 to 8 they got to play PVP ball. I don't feel like we should force anybody to do anything like that but still would have been a lot smoother to go that route.

byrg

Post by byrg » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm

Harker wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 pm
and really only wants to have a chill time
You can't "have a chill time" doing pve or rp or hanging out unless you're also earning qps for it?

Harker

Post by Harker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 pm

byrg wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm
Harker wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 pm
and really only wants to have a chill time
You can't "have a chill time" doing pve or rp or hanging out unless you're also earning qps for it?
I'm sure you can. Just like PVP on a non-clan character seems like a waste of time to me. That's all subjective to your own views. When I log in I personally like to have a chill time and usually just stick to myself but I also like to have a little bit of that cookie at the end of my play time in the form of some kind of reward.

I don't know if the people who are advocates for this are being willfully obtuse or just Trolls. Moving the goal post on even five people to me seems fairly wrong. As I said about five times now had they come out with this policy in a moving forward Direction it's probably not that big a deal. In theory you should accidentally get that many kills if you're in a normal Justice Clan or whatever. They inconvenienced and moved to the goal post on five people. I would be just as upset if it was one person. In general I only try to raise my voice in this fashion whenever I perceive and others might perceive a general Injustice against the player base. I even raised my voice for my best buddy rig whenever it seemed as though they were arbitrarily making a policy to punish him. It wasn't on this account though. I really feel like they made some stuff up just to try to kick him off the game for a little while then more came out and it didn't seem like a thing that the staff should have even got involved with even though it was a totally classy move on his part.

I don't know how many times I have to explain that this will never affect me as most of my player killing days we're done when heads were worth seven at the most but you usually only got a war scalp which was worth five. Now that heads are worth 10 and most everybody is above level 35 thanks to the easy mode XP it just makes more sense to PVP to me. In Clans where it's applicable.
Last edited by Harker on Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

onta

Post by onta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 pm

I enjoying PKing on unclanned characters.

I don't expect to get bonuses or progress in any meaningful way.

Harker

Post by Harker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 pm

onta wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 pm
I enjoying PKing on unclanned characters.

I don't expect to get bonuses or progress in any meaningful way.
That's totally your journey and your prerogative. Nothing wrong with it at all.