Retroactive punitive policies

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
arston

Re: Retroactive punitive policies

Post by arston » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 pm

Sqwak wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:13 pm

Finally, some of you are just spectacularly capable of being an ass to strangers on the internet. Maybe don't do that, yeah?
Sorry, too much fun. Especially now that I can't do anything else on the mud until i go kill 25 people. Besides the only people im an ass too are the ones that are a constant ass and detriment to everyone else around them, and almost every time I post i get postitive feedback from someone new, so it's really a kind of public service. I like to think that people reading them get more of a laugh then they do out of reading any announcement posts at least.

arston

Post by arston » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 am

Rig wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:08 pm
arston wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:27 pm
Rig wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 pm
Think it’s a weird stance to say you actively destroy anyone who comes after you for rares etc and then consistently attack people personally who might end up running into you and attacking you in-game. Kind of pot calling the kettle black when you dung on pkers for trying to pk while simultaneously whinging about pkers not respecting the fact that you don’t want to pk
As anyone who has basic reading comprehension down: "I personally dont feel any satisfaction" and "There is zero-attraction for me in that." does not imply that I "actively destroy anyone who comes after you for rares etc". I assume your hand-holding imm isnt reading out loud to you at the moment and thats why you couldnt understand a basic sentence?

Also I have never once whined about pk'ers who ran into me in-game. I HAVE complained when you and two of your buddies logged off within 2 minutes of when i logged, logged onto murderous alts 5 minutes later, then 4 minutes later 2 of you were running stabs on me while the other one was one zone away ready to warrant me if my alt channeled, but then thats not "happening to run into me" in game. Anyone who doesnt believe me can ask Vincen or Achellies (however you spell it), I literally called it the moment all three of you logged back in because you do that kind of crap so often, and told both of them exactly what was about to happen before any of you entered my zone.

I HAVE complained when people (not even you and your cronies) camped in front of the event mobs blocking anyone else from getting what was believed to be one-day rewards.

I haven't even complained (yet) on multiple days that I had trollocs following me around constantly anytime that I got within loc'ing distance of a supposedly friendly person who never left their clan rooms (stopped completely when i grabbed a no-loc).
1. I was referring to the fact that you've posted twice that you would "slaughter anyone who came at you" and that you could "actively destroy 3 people for 10 rares and feel no satisfaction".
2. I am almost positive I can find multiple examples of you flaming me or others.
3. I've never actively logged on to just kill you, but I can start I guess if you want to see the difference between actively being targeted and me just finding someone to kill because they're logged onto the game during the same time period as me because i'm bored. You can throw vincen/whoever in all you want. Or you can see what it's really like when I target someone and ask Mephistopheles where lamans went and why I was jailed for 4 days.
4. You have a tendency to blow people (lol, funny wordplay) who are killing players into big out of proportion fiascos that mostly just include you flaming because of some perceived injustice. Me too.

The point I have tried to get across earlier is that you're whining a faux slight against you that doesn't exist and claiming collusion between players/sides/imms that don't exist. I can't believe some of you think these imms are on my side when I got quite literally fucked by them a little over a month ago for something that I think they shouldn't have had any say on chortlesnorfling me for.

The point, as was stated, was to create a more balanced player-gameplay environment for character advancement. If you don't see something wrong with players actively choosing to ignore core facets of roleplay and the game, then I'm not sure anything other than mini-mud farm simulator is going to make you happy.
1. Yes it was obvious what you were referring to, and also obvious that you did not understand it at all.
2. Yes I flame you and others, i specifically said that "I have never once whined about pk'ers who ran into me in-game." as in just people that were out and about pk'ing. I also specifically said that I flame 'people that are real asses and contribute nothing of value to the game' or something like that, cant find the exact wording because it got deleted.
3. Ive seen you alt from "good" characters onto characters that you dont think I know about within minutes of me logging on certain characters more times than i can count. but maybe you had very good reasons every single time and just happened to alt back right after i log off, who knows. You've done enough shitty things that i no longer give you the benefit of the doubt in general.
4. I have nothing against players killing other players, however if i thought i was good, i wouldnt spend all my time going for cheap, easy kills.

You claim you got screwed by imms and yet you finished your two month ban in only two days. Other people who get screwed by imms lose thousands of qps they never get back.

Its also very funny that you think I am the one ignoring core facets of the game, when my entire point across this and just about every thread (other than the ones that just flame you and your cronies) is that the mud is more than JUST pk, im litearlly speaking out against constant jamming one aspect of the game down everyones throat.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 am

Who gets screwed out of thousands of qps here?

Also if you’re spamming the who list for me every time you log on, man I hate to disappoint you but you really are a non-factor to me every time I log on. The only place you cross my mind is here on the forums, where my and my cronies run the joint with my pocket immortals (Elysia/Feneon/Korsik/Vampa).

Players like you and me don’t get along, it’s fine, but the entire basis of your (general you, players like you) argument is always “how can I victimize myself today?” And never “how has this change actually affected me and others who play?”

arston

Post by arston » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:53 am

Rig wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 am

Also if you’re spamming the who list for me every time you log on, man I hate to disappoint you but you really are a non-factor to me every time I log on. The only place you cross my mind is here on the forums, where my and my cronies run the joint with my pocket immortals (Elysia/Feneon/Korsik/Vampa).

Players like you and me don’t get along, it’s fine, but the entire basis of your (general you, players like you) argument is always “how can I victimize myself today?” And never “how has this change actually affected me and others who play?”
off the top of my head, draz, erulisse, and sorta enoch/dartes, was a wisdom too cant remember her name but was thousands between multiple chars despite the penalty for her actions being posted as being significantly less than that. Thats an interesting viewpoint of my arguements, especially from someone who doesnt give a crap how his actions affect the rest of the mud

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 am

Yea, usually getting caught cheating does that to people.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 am

Bless your heart Rig, you have really shown your true colors today.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 am

I’ve been pretty straightforward since forever.

byrg

Post by byrg » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:29 am

arston wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 pm
Especially now that I can't do anything else on the mud until i go kill 25 people.
This is the part I don't really get. Are you *only* doing pve activities to progress towards rank then, and not because you enjoy them? I see several arguments about this whole setup that people don't enjoy pk, and enjoy pve and find the pace fun and hanging with/talking to people in a more chill way enjoyable... and multiple comments about how its fun to help people out and help newbies gear, etc. This new rule/change changes none of that. If the reason for doing pve activities is because they're enjoyable and a more chill way to play the game... then nothing's changed. To say "I can't do anything until i get 25 scalps" seems to indicate the *only* reason one was doing pve was as a means of progression, and not, in fact, as something that was enjoyable?

gok

Post by gok » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 am

arston wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:53 am
Rig wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 am

off the top of my head, draz, erulisse, and sorta enoch/dartes, was a wisdom too cant remember her name but was thousands between multiple chars despite the penalty for her actions being posted as being significantly less than that. Thats an interesting viewpoint of my arguements, especially from someone who doesnt give a crap how his actions affect the rest of the mud
Tasneem is the name. Over 4K qps was removed for transferring legitimately farmed potions from DS to LS. This kept the LS broker stocked. I hear the broker is empty most days now.

Roryn

Post by Roryn » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:23 am

Lol love rig to death, but if all of you that are going in on each other can't get it together, i hope none of you play. Damn grow the hell up.

And what byrg said was pretty spot on.