My rather erratic behavior

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Salle

My rather erratic behavior

Post by Salle » Mon May 29, 2023 3:46 pm

I feel like I owe a bunch of you apologies for my dung behavior lately. I'm not trying to justify it at all, but wanted to give an explanation as I view many of you as friends even though I haven't shared much with you. I found this game earlier this year when I was really struggling after a recent diagnosis of MS following what I thought was a routine visit for some minor seeming vision issues. The game has been a very pleasant escape from reality. I have been seeing a great therapist who has really helped me start to accept the diagnosis. However, I am still not entirely there...I honestly don't know if I ever will be.

There have been a few days where symptoms have flared up and something stupid has happened in the game that makes it feel like every thing in my world was falling apart in a single day. On those days, I couldn't take it out on the disease, but the game and y'all were things I could blame. It hasn't been reasonable or mature and for that I am sorry. So many of you have made the last handful of months super enjoyable and I hope to keep getting to know you and growing friendships. I can't guarantee I won't have some bad days, but I will try my best to not let it spill into the game.

Thank you,
-Emily (Salle, Sadie, Judy, Sallaya, etc.)

Alita

Re: My rather erratic behavior

Post by Alita » Mon May 29, 2023 5:08 pm

I would like to think that you and I have developed a rocky friendship over the last couple months, even though you kept stealing all my smobs =P. I would like you to know that I'm here for you if ever you need a shoulder to cry on. I feel for you, and can only imagine how a diagnosis like that can really wreak havoc on your emotions, and having an inanimate object, or unconnected people so close and accessible can be an easy scapegoat. Personally, I haven't taken any of your words or actions personally, simply because this is just a game, and we (on the other end of the internet) have no clue (until now, in a small part) what may be happening on your end. I hope things smooth out for you, and you find a way to cope productively. Take 'er easy, and you know how to get ahold of me if you ever need to. Look forward to seeing you around :)

Arandur

Post by Arandur » Mon May 29, 2023 10:54 pm

All loves, we all have our bad day's. Life can be chaotic and challenging in so many ways. No grudges, as this is just a silly game. We all have our bad moments in game and in life. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Loret

Post by Loret » Wed May 31, 2023 4:59 pm

I'm sure some people appreciate the effort and understand that you have stuff going on in rl, we all do. Take care of yourself.