Using AI to illustrate Randland

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Venum

Using AI to illustrate Randland

Post by Venum » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:14 pm

hey guys,

I'm a coder, and I have been having fun playing around with the new AI tech that has been coming out. It occured to me, one of the reasons why most ppl don't play this game is it doesn't have visual graphics. Many people are visual oriented. So here is my idea - we use AI like craiyon.com (formerly DALL-E) to generate an image based on the description of the room. Then we could use mudlet or something to show the image when someone enters that room, thus giving a nice visual representation of the room. I went ahead and tried out a couple rooms, and got some really cool results. Here is the rent in Thakan'dar, and the well:

(it's not letting me embed the images, so here are the urls:
https://postimg.cc/rdg3RbTC

https://postimg.cc/06fRdjYS

this would take some time, and some coding, but i think it would be very worth it. It would really bring the game to life, if each room had a visual representation to it. Sort of like the map feature, you could have it next to the game as you are playing it. Anyone feel like taking this on?

Alison

Re: Using AI to illustrate Randland

Post by Alison » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:35 am

I agree. A lot of what is coming is generating momentum and personally i love where this is going. As for generating images from what is written as room descriptions can help a long way.

Loret

Post by Loret » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:11 am

that's a good idea honestly..

Drybones

Post by Drybones » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:42 pm

Interesting idea, would love to see what it popped out. Any chance the links can be reupped?