Known DF changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Cera

Re: Known DF changes

Post by Cera » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:51 pm

huck wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:18 pm
Teveyl narrates 'she killed so many smobbers afk this week I couldn't give a firetruck'
Who knew that it only took 10 qps to make some folks lose their moral compass…

To set the record straight and debunk the holier-than-thou reasoning by providing contemporaneous records on these following deaths (which were specifically referenced by Teveyl in our subsequent conversation)

Teveyl “afk” https://pastebin.com/mjstesnA
Herzog “afk” https://pastebin.com/bGwyFau4
Narmi LD https://pastebin.com/7NPXeG2p

Gear was returned in all instances.

-------------------

Anyways back to the topic at hand.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:24 pm

BREAKING STORY!

Darkfriend is upset that other Darkfriend did something immoral! What is Randland coming to!?!

sorry that just made me giggle, I hold no opinions in this thread, just watching and eating popcorn.

Narmi

Post by Narmi » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:05 pm

I won't get into whether Cera knew I was afk, I did stand there eating spikes, but I'd been moving about only moments before. What I would say though is that she did immediately return the equipment and apologise, so fair play to 'er.

plando

Post by plando » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:34 am

Elysia wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:05 pm
I wasn't part of the original df discussion, so I can't answer some of the questions asked. All I know that this is supposed to be the hardest thing in the game to achieve, without screwing over other players and that the Known phase should take at least 6 months. Really, by all accounts I'm fairly clueless. Just posting so neither of you feels ignored, pretty much, sorry.
I'd argue getting into most secret clans is harder. If you're not best friends with people you're not getting in. Like the darkfriend system, it's a time sink and a lot of the players left don't have a ton of time to commit to the game because a majority of us have families or other priorities now that we've been here going on 20 years. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. No darkfriends are going after easy targets right now I feel like. Just throw them a bone and let them enjoy being a dreadlord or whatever they're into. It's a game. Games should be fun. I understand the need for making things challenging but, we really need to temper our expectations in 2022. If we don't , I don't want anyone to act suprised when people just start burning out because any remotely cool opportunity has become infinitively complex, time consuming, and difficult. Too much focus on making things challenging vs making things fun for players. Need to find a better balance.

plando

Post by plando » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:41 am

Lisennet wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:16 am
I have been lurking the forums and logged a few hours on alts the last couple of months.

Was very excited to see a change happening, but came to the same conclusion as the other Knowns have come. This change might "fix" the killing of unclanned unknowns (if that was even a problem) but at what cost I wonder.

As I've let know via other means, the timesink is my biggest gripe and I fear this change will make it even harder to find a fight.
everything fun has been turned into a massive time sink or a popularity contest. That is a miserable way to spend time on any game. Games should be fun!

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:59 am

Cera wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:51 pm
huck wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:18 pm
Teveyl narrates 'she killed so many smobbers afk this week I couldn't give a firetruck'
Who knew that it only took 10 qps to make some folks lose their moral compass…
Not going into the whole should you kill people LD or not discussion. Wether or not, and why sometimes yes or no, and what to do afterwards, has been a topic of great discussion for decades on these boards.

But the narrate above shows clearly Cera was seemingly killed for OOC reasons to get an IC reward..

Now that opens a whole other can of worms imho.

arston

Post by arston » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:51 pm

plando wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:41 am
Lisennet wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:16 am
I have been lurking the forums and logged a few hours on alts the last couple of months.

Was very excited to see a change happening, but came to the same conclusion as the other Knowns have come. This change might "fix" the killing of unclanned unknowns (if that was even a problem) but at what cost I wonder.

As I've let know via other means, the timesink is my biggest gripe and I fear this change will make it even harder to find a fight.
everything fun has been turned into a massive time sink or a popularity contest. That is a miserable way to spend time on any game. Games should be fun!
agree with this 100%!
would rather spend 1000 hours having fun rather than spend 1000 hours grinding to get super-bonused text.