Someone Accidently added broken patrol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Re: Someone Accidently added broken patrol

Post by isabel » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:18 pm

One more reason to not do cityheads.
Fixed that for you

Atkins

Post by Atkins » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:14 pm

Detritus wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:01 pm
Should have stayed gone then.

One more reason not to play game.
Your feels being hurt doesn't justify a rather pathetic attack. It makes you look like a whiny baby.

Dovain

Post by Dovain » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:28 pm

Maybe kicking to counter multibash and stuff would be okay, but based on the logs posted, the stun mobol seems excessively punishing.

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Yea I can’t really see the reasoning behind the stun. It’s entire function is based on abusing a stun over and over which is…just no.

For the longest time I’ve always been against any sort of instantaneous mob effects. Be it channeling, charging, stunning, even fear honestly. It’s unproductive towards any sort of pk. I get that we want to curb the effect of warders smashing city heads without downing of rewards.

However, I’d look at rather downing the rewards for now, and making WVD self-cast only in the future. Sure, coding, but this is the best solution and in the long run functions as a better fix that doesn’t affect pk as much as this.

As it stands now I won’t be chasing into keep anymore, because I’ll just be pingponging around stunned. Made even entering Ruined Keep pointless in that regard. I’m sure a bunch of DS think this is great but let’s talk about all of the cities that stun you and don’t allow dlines ;)

(Hint: there aren’t any)

Davor

Post by Davor » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:51 pm

Still don’t understand the changes. The people who are being idiots and saying “city heads are too easy” need to realize they aren’t doing a city head. They are 4 rooms from Blight. Make the city head stronger and with this stupid dung if you want but just general zones should remain untouched. Give all the city heads full abs no loot armor and no loot malfeasor damage weapons. Is it really so difficult to make the game less random Mobol damage and more controlled damage so changes aren’t so dramatic and players can actually plan and strategize how to win? This kind of change seems very poorly thought out.

Also, we need to identify the problem we are having. If it’s city heads - you clearly have solved jack dung. This log and my log are just us PKing and it being unfairly ruined by mobs. If you want it harder for city heads throw in 10 more dreadguards in the room or outside or buff up the support mobs or set up an angelmar-like reinforcement patrol. So many better options than random Mobol damages.

If you’re trying to make safe zones for dark side during PK, then you have succeeded.

erulak

Post by erulak » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Davor wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:51 pm
Still don’t understand the changes. The people who are being idiots and saying “city heads are too easy” need to realize they aren’t doing a city head.
:!: :!: :!:

That's the thing. Doors are gone from city-heads. Make them no channel or harder or call mob. Hell, leave in a buildable patrol without the emote and stuns. Do whatever's been done with Silvak. Imms can be forgiven for trying something out, but the only players that co-sign stuff like this have zero perspective.

Melllo

Post by Melllo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:41 pm

Patty seems hilariously overtuned, agree with davor, buff city heads to the level of LS cities and cityheads. Where you cant just stroll in with 4 and projectile it to death or multibash it.

That said I don't feel sorry for you that it's chortlesnorfling up your cityhead attacks after the verbal assault we recieved yesterday from Draz for just trying to defend our clan heads.

You guys need to check your level of entitlement because quite frankly its disgusting.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:51 pm

* R HP:Hurt MV:Fresh > say posted in bugs
You say 'posted in bugs'

* R HP:Hurt MV:Fresh >
Adrian says 'dont think it was a bug'

* R HP:Hurt MV:Fresh >
Eldrenia says 'That is crazy op'

* R HP:Scratched MV:Fresh > say it's 100% not what anyone would intentionally add to game
You say 'it's 100% not what anyone would intentionally add to game'

* R HP:Scratched MV:Fresh > TICK IN 5 SECONDS.

The night has begun.
Timer now at 62 secs.
Timer now at 62 secs.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Fresh >
Eldrenia tastes a little bit of a package of iron rations.

Adrian says 'ehhh, tbh i think thats what they wanted, why else would they buff that zone that already has so much insane power stuff'

Adrian says 'i mean its already so op we fought a dl there that blinded his own dg when he was 1 vs 4 cause he said those mobs were too strong'

Eldrenia says 'I love how we cant even think of pvping in keep without a full party'

Eldrenia says 'but one lone stabber and sit 1w of my clan rent'

Eldrenia says 'and wait for me'

Adrian says 'yeah tower not dangerous at all'

Adrian says 'even though Rand FREAKING al'Thor was scared to come anywhere near the tower without an army'

You move slightly, settling your cloak into position.
Timer now at 63 secs.
Timer now at 63 secs.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Fresh > say i could completely get blicked sitting unable to engage as well
You say 'i could completely get blicked sitting unable to engage as well'

Adrian says 'yes, same'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >
Adrian says 'we got lucky'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > say only stop seeing stars when mello meleed me
You say 'only stop seeing stars when mello meleed me'

Eldrenia says 'same'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > TICK IN 5 SECONDS.

Eldrenia says 'and it was a while'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > say all it takes is a person being in room staying on mobs and rogue fish and a barrel the other people
You say 'all it takes is a person being in room staying on mobs and rogue fish and a barrel the other people'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > say it also went off again after left room
You say 'it also went off again after left room'

Draz says 'yeah'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > say my view is posted in bugs
You say 'my view is posted in bugs'

Draz says 'chortlesnorfling idiotic'

Adrian says 'oh i needed to read again, i thought i autofled while stunned'

Draz says 'mine posted also'

Adrian says 'and left me in other room stunned'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > TICK IN 5 SECONDS.

Eldrenia stops resting, and clambers on her feet.

Eldrenia leaves south riding a warhorse.

Draz says 'yeah'

Draz says 'pretty sure'

A warhorse swishes the flies off its back with its tail.

Draz says 'from how my stuns worked'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > sta
You stop resting, and stand up.
Draz says 'that if I didnt autoflee i woulda just died'

Draz

Post by Draz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:04 am

Just a further note on this patrol;

We've pkd at it twice now - where it has lagged the entire game.

At least one DS - Lugubrious - had his link drop every single time someone entered patrol room as far as I could tell; I got hit by multisecond lags on multiple occasions.

It also didn't just stick to the patrol, once it had been triggered we had some bearish chase us - and one bearish hitting us with noone in the patrols room made for huge lags spikes every single combat round

I'm unsure what verbal assault is being mentioned above - I have no issue with you guys defending your cityheads, I have zero respect for anyone who doesn't defend one that IS defendable without being a DT. I have, and will continue to have, huge issues with people who literally wait for entire days to spring traps using discord to bring on what can only be described as smash groups. Hilariously I was invited. If I personally attacked you, called you loathsome, idiotic, or useless, thats a comment on the out of game actions, rather than anything done ingame.

isabel

Post by isabel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:31 am

Hammer swings for nail, misses, breaks wall instead.

Nail says hammer too big. Obviously.