Feedback Survey: Temporary Camp Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Aureus

Feedback Survey: Temporary Camp Changes

Post by Aureus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi all,

The temporary camp changes will be reverted later today.

I'd appreciate you taking a few minutes (~5) to share feedback on the changes, via this survey: https://forms.gle/U4AMg7AbDagaE13g6

I'll look at the feedback after a week and see if there are any interesting trends.

Cheers,
Aureus

Rig

Re: Feedback Survey: Temporary Camp Changes

Post by Rig » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:44 pm

I will post my answers here anyway, for the sake of clarity. As soon as I stop being lazy.

Harun

Post by Harun » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:13 pm

Filled out the form, but I thought I'd post my thoughts here too.

Second entrance: good, since camp gets more use and is less of a DT for both sides. There's less incentive to withhold numbers and then gank for easy kills.

Rooms and mobs at south-east entrance: a little too strong and easy to stack, which gets in the way of low number PK. My feeling is that the mobs in camp proper should still be the main mob support for DS. Neutral aggros with a few DS mobs in the new exit seem fine. Mob support up north already is largely weighted towards DS, so I don't think it needs new mobs up there.

No-channel: I'd rather it just be completely no-channel, for clarity. And I didn't feel like it led to many stalemates, which is one of my main concerns with balance.

Glad the second entrance got tried out, regardless.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:32 pm

The 1 additional 33% choke in north of zone to dark forest cutting down the football field was good and constructive(apart from when i didnt realise they were there), changes to camp itself were silly.
Under utilization of camp comes from no-chan(full no chans are much worse than no-fire or no-water and air only is a joke) being with 2 trees outside camp.
Camp would still get used vs not channies regularly.
It being easier to get in and out of(with changes) didn't change the quality of mob support inside camp making it a risky fallback when losing but also lowered the risk reward ratio for winning(or outnumbering) humans following you inside the entrance choke since they have multiple ways out.

1 stronger mob stationary at pot or camp mobs able to use camp entrance room would have more impactful change than adding more access in and out of camp.

PS. Can't be bothered setting up an extra spam email for additional outside datamining facilities when we have forums here anyways.

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:02 am

Bump here: last call for feedback. It'd be great to get a couple more responses from folks who played with the camp changes before I close the survey and summarize the results. There are some early trends but I think a couple more responses would help solidify them. The survey is short and your input is appreciated: https://forms.gle/U4AMg7AbDagaE13g6

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:11 am

Mobs are way too many/too buff. Camp had a bit of a unique feature in terms of making for exciting door fights etc.

For the more back and forth thing I'd rather see something like the blands pat (which is so useless to find when you're low vs many and don't want to go kajin) roam in a limited area (perhaps that campfire part) rather than the entire zone. Granted not impossible to find with track etc, but it makes it annoying to regroup there. For DS a CTF on the northern side of DF around shrubbery would be better I think than the current camp changes.

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:27 pm

the survey form is buggy. i couldn't enter a fake email address, let alone a real one.