Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Aureus

Re: Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Aureus » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:15 am

FYI it looks like weapon changes were reverted in the crash. Once things have stabilized a bit we will reload them, with some tweaks.

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:29 pm

Stats updated as of reboot tonight, with some tweaks. Projectiles added as well: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13929&p=121252#p121252

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 pm

Clubs, polearms and dodge eq are live as of tonight's reboot: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13929&p=121878#p121878

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:52 am

(Note: If the only feedback you're looking at is 'are clubs bashing better now' then this isn't the post as that isn't the only intended or unintended consequence I'm speaking to.)

Not sure what the intention behind making abs weapons more distinct was - they already had a good variety and each weapon in itself was a good choice. At this point, the only logical thing to do would be to dual wield, and in fact prac al 3 abs classes. Club/lblade vs channelers, Club/axes vs normals etc.

Abs warrior was the fun, easy (to re-eq), and explosive class/playstyle to play. Adding more micro plus having to switch up weapons a lot to be competitive against different classes is not sounding exciting at all to me.

Just throwing in the fact that even though as you say abs weapons were similar in some ways, people consistently stayed with certain weapon classes. I was always clubs (and mallet), Corath was always lblade (and csword), etc. People had specific preferences on whether they wanted bash/ob/damage and went with that, and the top-tier weapons were viable to run with that. Some people swore by axes - I would never go near an axe. Having glaive level OB on a mallet - why would I just play with that?

Regarding micro, it's not sounding fun to me - I'm now playing on webclient (where you can't alias ';' sequences and have a limit on how many aliases you can make) so it really means people have to rely on scripts/alias classes etc.

Davor

Post by Davor » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 am

Appreciate the effort.

Dislike all the changes. I’m not interested in re-learning. The weapons on the mud were already balanced. Some tweaks to combo weapons vs sblades VS and weapons may have been needed. However that needed to be approached with a light hand and not changing every single weapon without any rhyme or reason. Bone club lost 15 Ob and gained 1.1 lb I don’t get it. War maul was already trash OB for a rare and now lost even more. I’m not interested in relearning the MUDs weapons again for no reason.

langois

Post by langois » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am

not good. Fucken figger it out!

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:57 am

I’m with Davor on this one. Personally as and old timer I don’t like rampant changes. Having to relearn things constantly isn’t my idea of fun. I didn’t see much wrong with the current pre weapon changes. I thought pine javelins were fun to try before. Now useless class. I could list off quite a few changes that are pretty bad imo. Dunno my personal thoughts are you drive some of the older base away with rampant changes.

I’m not saying the current regime hasn’t made a fair amount of good changes. As always the effort is appreciated. It’s just like anything change doesn’t always sit well with everyone. Sometimes there’s a if it’s not broke don’t fix it motto to live by.

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:22 pm

1v1 both non-masters , 1 abs/mallet, 2nd dodge (134 db)/silver plated

mallet - landed 9 bashes, missed 14
silver plated - landed 6 bashes, missed 4

of the bashes I landed with mallet:
1 - 1 round frag, autowimpy
2 - 1 frag, 1 parry (no auto)
3 - both parried
4 - 1 frag, 1 parry (no auto)
5- 1 frag, 1 parry (autowimpy)
6 - 1 frag (autowimpy)
7 - 1 frag (autowimpy)
8 - both parried
9 - very hard (autowimpy)

The 7 hits (6 frag 1 v hard) took ~200 hps off him

Akzak

Post by Akzak » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:27 pm

From what I can tell these changes promote absers to stick to group pk and for dodgers to avoid group pk. In 1v1 as a dodger you will get sat a lot and as an abers 1v1 your hits will parry a lot. In addition when a dodger runs they will be exponentially harder to kill than an abser. In group pk I see a lot of dodgers getting emploding ironically much like when zerk attack was in place. I suspect in a game with low numbers this may deter many from 1v1 pk unless they decide to play different alts.

Ibzon

Post by Ibzon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:17 pm

I'm also thankful for having wonderful active immortals who are invested in the game.

Could someone help us understand why the staff feels like these changes are needed? Cause I also don't see the benefit of changing weapons that everyone was happy with ...