Let's Discuss Seanchan Side

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Tusty

Re: Let's Discuss Seanchan Side

Post by Tusty » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Kellam wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:51 pm
Tusty wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:46 pm
Bro, I mentioned TD in my post. What else we got? Kaf? 😂
With this logic, should delete Wolfbro, DL’s, Fades, since they only exist for the entertainment of a limited few as well. Same with really rare eq.
I just get the feeling of an unwillingness to adjust to a different dynamic to pk. Accounting for numbers has always been a part of the game.
I don't see you guys flipping CTFs or going Lugard kaf tbh
Too busy killing people to be bothered with CTF’s!

And Lug kaf?
Come on, it’s positioned in a terrible place when you’re outnumbered. Block stonegate, block s of 4k...
As good as dead.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:09 pm

There is a much greater sense of adhering to the world with Seanchan in the game. With them on the same who list and globals as humans it has been better now than anytime in the last 10 years. I am an example of non-pker who have stayed over the last two decades because I like the open sandbox for Robert Jordan's WoT. I honestly don't see anything in the opening post that points to a valid reason to consider removing or changing the current direction of the Seanchan. I don't know if you read the books Tekela, but the very aspect you argue against is the sole fabric of the story line.

Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

tekela

Post by tekela » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Taziar wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:09 pm
There is a much greater sense of adhering to the world with Seanchan in the game. With them on the same who list and globals as humans it has been better now than anytime in the last 10 years. I am an example of non-pker who have stayed over the last two decades because I like the open sandbox for Robert Jordan's WoT. I honestly don't see anything in the opening post that points to a valid reason to consider removing or changing the current direction of the Seanchan. I don't know if you read the books Tekela, but the very aspect you argue against is the sole fabric of the story line.

Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Nothing you've written at all changes with seanchan as a faction of LS instead of a separate. Wondering if *you* read the books if you think seanchan becoming a LS faction doesn't make sense per the books, considering that's essentially what happens with a treaty.

Zerious

Post by Zerious » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:03 pm

ss is in a semi good place atm and probably the best alternative, k seanchan, k light works, but ss isnt sealed off alone and dead.

kyra

Post by kyra » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:20 pm

It seems the biggest concern is with SS messing up the northern PK dynamic. If that's the case then just make kaj/commy/ragan agro to ss so that any that go north will have to rely on trees and ogier for support and it will give ds an easier time facing two factions by focusing any solo/duo ss that roam up there.

Tusty

Post by Tusty » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:32 pm

kyra wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:20 pm
It seems the biggest concern is with SS messing up the northern PK dynamic. If that's the case then just make kaj/commy/ragan agro to ss so that any that go north will have to rely on trees and ogier for support and it will give ds an easier time facing two factions by focusing any solo/duo ss that roam up there.
Idk if there’s any reason to make things objectively harder for a particular side..unless SS gets the sole “for experienced players only!” tag 😛

Am I wrong in assuming this entire discussion is mainly just a complaint that DS isn’t just shooting fish in a barrel anymore? All because of 3 unbonused losers? Well 4 if you count Terri.

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Kill wanted has been complete for a long time, and is sitting in the queue for Flash to merge in.

Edit: same as kill clan, same as the change to allow Known Darkfriends to use k light without hilariously punching their own faces.

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:49 pm

Don't diss on my ragtag group!!!

Seanchan are useless. Can't group with them, they're slow, yesterday some useless ss got some of my group killed in Altara patty by spamming k human. Also lots of whining about scalps and gear. Why do you like being fish people?! It is awful.

Tusty

Post by Tusty » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Ryzom wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:49 pm
Don't diss on my ragtag group!!!

Seanchan are useless. Can't group with them, they're slow, yesterday some useless ss got some of my group killed in Altara patty by spamming k human. Also lots of whining about scalps and gear. Why do you like being fish people?! It is awful.
LOL!
Think you were the one that spam scalped Kazura yesterday after I chased him down and killed him inside Roland while he was hagg! But it’s cool!!
It will be great fun once we have those master bonuses.

zeek

Post by zeek » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:00 pm

So. I'm active and pk almost always when I'm on. So I feel more equipped to speak on these issues than most because well, I'm being a seanchan when others are talking about how to do it the "right way". I'll address a few things:

1. SS PK - step one, if you're an "elite" SS and you log on, dont' interact with other SS, and go straight to North pk, then you're part of the problem. Not saying we can't get involved in northern pk, but seems a bit odd that that's your idea of leading and contributing to a struggling side.

1a. SS PK in Cities - pk is arguably harder to come by lately due to the numbers. Lets face it, it's tough and a majority of pk is Seanchan invaders doing just that, they're invading! they come in cities because it's really hard to find good pk outside of it. It's just something at this point I've come to accept as I toil away towards rank 6 with almost all of my scalps/kills coming from inside some sort of mob-laden city. We will do it, but we really hate doing it. It's very HARD!

2. Fun for a few select players - like tusty said, this is basically any elite player with a remort or any of the same 10 people that own over 90% of all the rares in the game. It's not fun for the normal, casual, or even above average players.. but it's obviously pretty fun to that select group for xyz reason haha. Life goes on.

3. Reversion promises - people talked a big game, said they'd be back, wouldn't play until reversion, now it's happened, andddd they still not here. We looked great for like 2 weeks and then it's back to like me, shaxx, tusty, eritage, and maybe kyra. That's it for east coast hours anyways haha.

4. Northern PK or PK against darkside with humans - it's terrible. We hate playing with you guys against DS because you're greedy. I don't know about you but, I'm just not built to spam scalp/loot/run off or the classic as old as time passive aggressive pretend like I don't have the loot/scalps on me and say nothing and pray people just give up and leave me alone move.. Look, we hate it. We hate how we have to beg for scalps if we didn't loot/scalp the DS we collaborated with LS on. We hate having to go into FD to try and split. We hate it.

5. Dont' talk about deleting the side if you're not actively trying to make it better on that side with your SS. I know, the truth hurts but, it is what it is.