3 Days of #ObamaGate

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
arkaza

3 Days of #ObamaGate

Post by arkaza » Tue May 12, 2020 12:16 am

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... tions.html

GOWDY: Do you know whether Director Clapper knew the name of the U.S. citizen that appeared in the New York Times and Washington Post?

COMEY: I can't say in this forum because again, I don't wanna confirm that there was classified information in the newspaper.

GOWDY: Would he have access to an unmasked name?

COMEY: In -- in some circumstances, sure, he was the director of national intelligence. But I'm not talking about the particular.

GOWDY: Would Director Brennan have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen's name?

COMEY: In some circumstances, yes.

GOWDY: Would National Security Adviser Susan Rice have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen's name?

COMEY: I think any -- yes, in general, and any other national security adviser would, I think, as a matter of their ordinary course of their business.

GOWDY: Would former White House Advisor Ben Rhodes have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen's name?

COMEY: I don't know the answer to that.

GOWDY: Would former Attorney General Loretta Lynch have access to an unmasked U.S. citizen's name? COMEY: In general, yes, as would any attorney general.

GOWDY: So that would also include Acting AG Sally Yates?

COMEY: Same answer.

GOWDY: Did you brief President Obama on -- well, I'll just ask you. Did you brief President Obama on any calls involving Michael Flynn?

COMEY: I'm not gonna get into either that particular case that matter, or any conversations I had with the president. So I can't answer that.

#WWG1WGA QRESEAR.CH QMAP.PUB

Treach

Re: 3 Days of #ObamaGate

Post by Treach » Tue May 12, 2020 1:01 am

3 days of #braindeaddistractionwhatcanwecangetthoseidiotstobelieveandcryaboutsotheydontseehowbadlyTrumpisbumblingatthemomentcanheevenspelldementia?

Oh look, a government official speaking as much and as honestly as he can under oath without going into confidential information that he would go to jail for speaking about..

That must be proof that all the FBI and intelligences services are corrupt and dishonest!

Treach

Post by Treach » Tue May 12, 2020 1:04 am

COMEY: Sure. The number is relevant but what I hope the U.S. -- the American people realize is the number's important, but the culture behind it is in fact even more important. The training, the rigor, the discipline. We are obsessive about FISA in the FBI for reasons I hope make sense to this committee but we are -- everything that's FISA has to be labeled in such a way to warn people this is FISA, we treat this in a special way.

So we can get you the number, but I want to assure you the culture of the FBI and the NSA around how we treat U.S. person information is obsessive and I mean that in a good way.

GOWDY: Director Comey, I am not arguing with you and I do agree that culture is important, but if there are 100 people who have the ability to unmask and the knowledge of a previously masked name, then that's 100 different potential sources of investigation and the smaller the number is, the easier your investigation is.

So the number is relevant. I can see the culture is relevant. NSA, FBI, what other U.S. government agencies have the authority to unmask a U.S. citizen's name?

COMEY: I think all agencies that collect information pursuant to FISA have what are called standard minimization procedures, which are approved by the FISA court that govern how they will treat U.S. person information. So I know the NSA does, I know the CIA does, obviously the FBI does. I don't know for sure beyond that.

Enok

Post by Enok » Wed May 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Phew, it's only Trey Gowdy from 2017. For a second there I thought I was going to see a clip of Ben Shapiro DeStRoYiNg libs while preaching abstinence.