Coronavirus and you

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Firimei Lang

Coronavirus and you

Post by Firimei Lang » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:41 am

With all this going on , I hope everyone is well and not panic buying toilet paper.

Seriously it's a tenuous time we live in. In the UK, the dithering government has made decisions. Well it has mostly.

Being in the high risk category, diabetic and asthmatic I have to self isolate for 12 weeks.

So Netflix and so forth renewal, Book reading, drawing and running around the garden pulling my hair out.

So it might be time to install Cmud again and try to remember how to mud.. it has to be better than watching BBC news over and over.

Let's hope broadband around the world holds up.
Stay well and take care of eachother.

iria

Re: Coronavirus and you

Post by iria » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 am

On that note, anyone have any decent series to watch while we're all stuck inside? Just finished stranger things over the weekend, enjoyable, but I liked the first season more.

Stay safe out/in there!

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:13 am

Westworld! Well worth re-watching and the 3rd season is airing now.

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:15 am

Let the binge watching begin!!!

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:36 am

Everyone just stay safe. Things are going to get worse then they are now for most of us. So just follow instructions and refrain from dangerous behaviours.

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:06 pm

iria wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 am
On that note, anyone have any decent series to watch while we're all stuck inside? Just finished stranger things over the weekend, enjoyable, but I liked the first season more.

Stay safe out/in there!
My partner and I just finished watching the two seasons of Altered Carbon on Netflix, wasn't too bad.

Would recommend Legion if you can get your hands on it, think its a Syfy series. Jekyll the 6 part mini series done in the mid 2000's with the guy from Cold Feet was decent as well.

hasp

Post by hasp » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:13 pm

I am stuck working at a hospital that refuses to let me telework when I could. My wife works at a covid testing center as a nurse. My kid and I are asthmatic so trying to get my telework approved so I can go back to the hills haha.
Last edited by hasp on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Anansi wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:06 pm
iria wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 am

Stay safe out/in there!
My partner and I just finished watching the two seasons of Altered Carbon on Netflix, wasn't too bad.

Would recommend Legion if you can get your hands on it, think its a Syfy series. Jekyll the 6 part mini series done in the mid 2000's with the guy from Cold Feet was decent as well.

I second a recommendation for Legion (the showrunner for Legion also does the TV show Fargo, which is incredible -- they're both FX shows I think, actually). If you're not averse to subtitles, you should check out Babylon Berlin on Netflix. I'm watching the Expanse atm, which I've been enjoying and would also recommend (sci-fi, on Amazon).

Ongoing shows with brand new episodes that I recommend: Better Call Saul (FX), Westworld (HBO), My Brilliant Friend (HBO). HBO's McMillions documentary series was pretty entertaining. I'm probably going to watch the Tiger King documentary series that Netflix is putting out this weekend

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Binge watching Carnivale.
Saw some those mentioned, will compile list!!

Life is crazy in this small market town in the southeast of the UK.

One silver lining, the environment will get time from
Stupid people and plastic?!?

livendros

Post by livendros » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:16 pm

You are wasting your time with Carnivale