A Meeting In Tha'kandar

... shadow raids, splendid kills, devastation, loot, plunder, pillage and mayhem, Chosen announcements... and any other announcements.
Crusunte

A Meeting In Tha'kandar

Post by Crusunte » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:13 am

The trolloc snuck furtively through the fog-shrouded valley of Tha'kandar. He had been summoned. He did not know what this meant, but his animal cunning told him that the discussion would be a matter of survival. If answering the summon itself was not a matter of survival, he would have fled as far as he could and not looked back, for cowardice ran deep in this trolloc's nature.

A strange one, he was draped in bits and pieces of human clothing, a shredded leather vest, boots with spurs that clinked as he attempted to "sneak" around, a too-small cowboy hat that he kept on his wolf-head through creative use of animal sinew, and, his pride and joy, a rusty badge bearing the logo of what looked like a faded tree.

He stopped suddenly. He did not want to stop, but his body had stopped functioning.

"So...you came. Good, that confirms that you're not as dull as I assumed you all are. Not that I knew who would find the summon and answer it."

The trolloc said nothing. He probably was as dull as the shadowy figure assumed he was.

"It's a mark of my own fall from grace that I must set meetings with...well, completely imbecilic creatures such as yourself, but it appears I am in need of your kind -- the kind that are not actually good for soldiering and will not be missed from the Great Lord's front line and better suited as assassins. My tale is a sad one, but I shall return to the Great Lord's favor and I --er-- are you understanding a word I am saying?"

The trolloc said nothing. He did not.

"Oh bother." The man considered and pointed at himself with one hand as a flame appeared on his other hand's upturned palm. "Me powerful. Others want to be powerful and be invited to my station. Power limited. Me no want others. You serve me."

He flicked the small flame towards the trolloc who backed up in fear, but fear was not what he felt. He felt a whip across his psyche, a sense of nervous giddiness was taking over where fear should have been. The trolloc fell to his knees. He would worship his master. His master's will would be done. All pukes would die.