The Liar Alliance

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
pial

The Liar Alliance

Post by pial » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:32 pm

It appears that the White Tower went to the same liar school that the Lancers went to:

Re: Recent Events
Sent: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 pm
Recipient: Kitiara

I'd appreciate if you could pass this along to the Tower:

First and foremost I'd like to express regret at relations between the Civil Watch and the Tower becoming hostile. These hostilities were at first just of a verbal nature but were escalated to warrants and then deaths of a few members of the Tower. After facing injustices in other lands we had hoped that the White Tower, who is known for not being caught up in the squabbling of nations, to be neutral but felt that they had taken sides without outright taking sides.

When trying to clear up exactly what the rules were in regards to being welcome in Tar Valon or not I felt myself and other members of my clan were ignored and brushed off as if we were just trying to cause trouble. Of course the concerns I had with the wording of the rules later played itself out in myself being banished from Tar Valon, because it seemed at the time and leading up to this banishment that this was perhaps a choice made willingly by the White Tower (I'm willing to accept that this isn't the case) I decided to press the issue and ended up getting warranted. While I still think banishments are used too willingly and for durations that are too long my actions of refusing to leave from outside the western gate of Tar Valon resulted in me becoming a wanted man within the lands that are under control of the White Tower and Tar Valon.

I view and viewed warrants as allowing for members of the White Tower or Tar Valon clans to kill me. Because of this I thought that the White Tower would not view me killing members of their clan as strongly as they did since I would be doing to them what they can do to me.

With the benefit of hindsight it was my own actions that helped escalate a situation that didn't necessarily have to result in the deaths and attacks on some Tower members. Lord Choen did as a clan mate does and helped me when I was in need of help. Akarus I believe had a warrant before being clanned.

The purpose of this letter is to express that the conflicts in other lands helped bring hostilities between the White Tower and the Civil Watch into being. It is my belief that with the easing of the tensions between us I can also work on easing the tensions between the Civil Watch and the Saldaean Cavalry and the Shienaran Lancers which would of course remove the cause of recent issues.

I believe that pardons for myself, Choen, and Akarus are not only in the interests of the Civil Watch, but also of the White Tower, the Saldaean Cavalry, and the Shienaran Lancers. The pardoning of the aforementioned members of the Civil Watch would hopefully lead to conditions that wouldn't result in resentment which could lead to another issue arising due to feeling like people are more concerned with punishment than with reconciliation. It should also be mentioned that this helps bring the forces of the Light together so that we are able to defeat the Shadow, which would require going forward on good terms to as to assure this outcome.

I need the help of anyone and everyone who wants to see the conflicts come to an end. I understand that I am not well liked but that does not mean that I'm not trying to do what is right here. Please understand that I'm trying to extend an olive branch so as to strengthen the relationships among those who fight the Shadow and that I'm sorry for my own actions and those of the Civil Watch that helped escalate the situation. As such I will offer giving myself up willingly so that myself, Choen, and Akarus can be pardoned and relations reset.