A Conversation with an Aes Sedai. More Clarification needed?

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
sati

A Conversation with an Aes Sedai. More Clarification needed?

Post by sati » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:50 pm

You say 'Don't worry, I'm not fleeing from battle or anything.'

Etain says 'Fleeing from battle is your right.'

You say 'Right, as long as it's not to here.'

You smirk.

Etain says 'Not even that. As long as you do not bring your battle within these walls.'

You say 'It's the chasers that bring the battle, not those that flee. I assumed those in the tower
would know that.'

You say 'One that is fleeing would have no way of knowing how far an attacker would pursue. Only the
chaser would know that.'

Etain says 'And when they bring strife to Tar Valon, we will deal with them. Or does the Civil Watch
not recognize the rule of law?'

You say 'I recognize the rule. But I also use logic. Where are the White Ajah when you need them?'

Etain says 'Logic would dictate that one who is pursued here, knowing the consequences of breaking
the peace of Tar Valon, would either appeal to the authority of the White Tower, or move on.'

You say 'Warranting someone being pursued, even though they're not intending to continue the battle
on your lands, should not be law. It's ridiculous. '

* R HP:Healthy MV:Tiring >
say Running here is not breaking the peace. It's seeking it.
You say 'Running here is not breaking the peace. It's seeking it.'

Etain says 'As I said. Either seek the protection of the Tower, or move on. Continuing your fight
within the Tower's writ cannot, and will not be tolerated.'

You say 'One does not 'continue' a fight by being attacked while trying to flee.'

say Your tower should revise it's language.
You say 'Your tower should revise it's language.'

Etain says 'There is no ground for argument, Watchman. You stand in Tar Valon, and you are under the
authority of Tar Valon while you do. Feel free to appeal to the Hall, but I have nothing more to say
on the subject.'

You say 'I intend on following your laws, Aes Sedai. However, I was hoping to help you see the
folly in them.'

Etain says 'I repeat. Make a formal appeal to the Hall of Sitters, if you so choose. I do not speak
for the Hall, and I have said all I intend to.'

You nod at her.

You say 'Thank you for your time.'