Days of Kindness (April 23rd - 25th)

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
elara

Days of Kindness (April 23rd - 25th)

Post by elara » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:08 am

Days of Kindness festival has begun! Double EXP for all of lightside.

Looking for ways to join? Congregate in White Bridge Square and make new friends, perform small acts of kindness, help others level and equip, and enjoy community with old and new friends.

The bees are buzzing, flowers blooming, and the weather is fine. Dusting off all your old gardening tools preparing for a new season, it's the perfect time to do some growing and blooming of your own.
The spring time weather has every bee, tree, and flower teeming with activity this year. A feeling of excitement spread around town as this new spring brought not just blooming flowers but also the anticipation of the annual "Days of Kindness" festival. The first of it's kind, and hopefully the beginning of what would become a long standing tradition with the aim to encourage acts of kindness as we enter warmer months after a particularly hard wintery season. The concept was simple this year, everyone was invited to join together in the Magnificent Square each day and perform tiny acts of gratitude for someone else. Many more ambitious participants looked forward to the scavenger hunt that would ensue on the last day.

The main event that seemed to be buzzing around town was the Hunt for Kindness, a scavenger hunt of sorts that was simple enough to win: Those interested would run about the town in effort to perform as many good deeds as possible, receiving a small token for their efforts. The individual with the most tokens at the end of the final day would be awarded for their efforts with a series of prizes handed out to the top three competitors. Competition with a great cause in mind seemed to attract those from all walks of light, even rumors of out of towners looking to receive a blessing for their good deeds in this turn of the wheel. Some traveled from far and wide in hopes of "making things right" for their past by paying kindness forward. Regardless, this was one instance where contagious spreading was a welcome event in town, the spreading of kindness to one and all.

Donations poured in from all over town at the sound of this fun event that took aim at promoting good will towards others. Beathas, well known for her hobbies in and around a kitchen so graciously offered to bake a series of meat pies as a prize. Sneezing and sniffling were common this time of year as the flowers began to bloom, so Selaana graciously provided several herbal teas as a donation to the winner who would likely be running around town and consuming more spring time air than usual in an effort to complete the scavenger hunt. Elara had brewed several thin yellow vials to be handed out to the various winners at the end of a most rigorous day of giving in effort to rejuvenate some energy amongst the contestants that worked the hardest.

There were rumors that those as far as the game of houses in the north east and even Tairen nobles from the south had learned of the festival and sent anonymous donations in hopes of partaking in some of the good blessings that would be gleaned from giving unto others. Whispers of large kegs of ale from the southwest provided by the farmers of the old blood were traveling up the north road and would make their way to the common rooms the morning of the event. Casks of Murandian wine were coming in on the backs of wagons and the spirit of giving was well underway in preparation of the event in the coming week.

A crudely built wall fashioned from old wooden fence posts and netting donated from the local fish mongers had been erected in the Magnificent Square for all to see. Elara busied herself decorating the wall alongside other locals from town with bundles of gheandin blossoms, lily petals, and other assortments of brightly colored flowers. Tiny notes thanking others in town for good deeds they had done aligned the netting where space could be found in addition to other little odds and ends that added to the creative beautify of the wall. The occasional folded paper ornament in the shape of a bee or flower had made it's way into the netting alongside several ribbons of canary yellow and robin blue adding some texture to abundance of flowers that made up the contents of the wall. The wall would continue to grow as the festival neared early in the coming week, but many had already taken to decorating it in preparation for the event with enthusiasm.

What a fun way to connect with others, this festival will surely be one to remember.
Starting next Tuesday (April 23rd) through Thursday (April 25th) a platinum chit will be activated every day, for those three days on behalf of the Wisdom Clan.

There will be a raffle thursday evening east coast time. Various donors have made contributions including a rare, some vials, gold, and other odds and ends. The list will grow! I look forward to all attending!

I was hoping someone could post to our facebook group inviting old players back for this event with emphasis on prerolled stats and the exp multiplier. I wanted to let everyone know in advance so they can be on the lookout for potential new players that might find there way in from various sources including reddit and other facebook groups that have similar games to Wotmud.

I will try and be around for some of the days to help level and "grow" anyone that is willing.

Lets get people excited about the game and enjoy something new and fresh (shameless plug for role playing characters like the Wisdoms, Gleeman, Illuminators, even the H/CoL!)

Thank you and I look forward to seeing all the fun new faces and those that can be around to help the new ones get along and get started. I would like to try and smob some to get people geared proper and all in all I just look forward to it being a great time for all involved. Hopefully we all make some new friends, enjoy!

(graciously accepting donations whether they be named or anonymous, they will be cited as such as part of a give away on the last day in effort to have a bit of fun. I will be providing some of my own items but, naturally the more we drum up the more exciting it can be!)