Notes from the Tarabon Tourism Board

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
Mithos

Notes from the Tarabon Tourism Board

Post by Mithos » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:24 am

*a large poster is nailed to the major city squares in stylized writing*

Hello citizens of the free nations,

I am speaking on behalf of the Tarabon Tourism Board. There has recently been an influx of visitors and refugees from all over, and soldiers offering their services against the Seanchan menace. For this, let me say thank you and welcome!

But let me address some of the concerns of any who find themselves in our, admittedly large, coastal city.

Q: Tanchico? But isn't that really far away?
-Not nearly as much as people think. Our fair city has travel services set up to major destinations across the Lands.
*You can take a coach from Amador south gate 4e 2n of outside the gate)
*You can pay for passage (coach style) from the Aringill docks, found East of Caemlyn.
*We have one of the largest ports in the world, housing constant shipping services along the coasts. Just travel to the Western Peninsula and follow the road. *PLEASE BE WARNED SOME PARTS OF THE SHIPPING DOCKS ARE CONTESTED WITH INVADERS*
*Our more exploratory minded travelers can even travel the Ways, but they like their secrets so I will say no more!

Q: Will the Seanchan pose a threat to my livelihood?
-While the Seanchan do hold part of the western city, the rest is truly and completely secure. Our defenses hold and soldiers flood in to retake the city daily. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Q: Those darn Seanchan have been hassling me in the Western Peninsula. Can't I do anything to live in peace?
-Apologies for their poor treatment of all our fellow citizens, but you may find a ferryman near the docks that will gladly give passage to the safety of the Eastern Peninsula. (Ferryman will take 5 crowns and works when not engaged. Say fare for details)

Q: If I find myself there, will I be able to train my skills?

-Why yes, fair traveler, you certainly can:
Our rogue prac spends her days (slender woman with dagger) in the ally near the King's Palace. Careful though, some ruffians like to use the Seanchan turmoil to hussle innocents. Report any presence to the nearest Civil Watch.
The soldier that trains in the arts of war (battle-scarred warrior) spends his days advising the Panarch and Guard in the back of the Panarch's Palace. Head west till you hit Palace Road, and you'll find the palace grounds to the south.
Our resident hunter (woman wearing hunting clothes) spends their time in the Verana Stables, caring for all manner of horses brought to the capital. You can find it past the docks on the Eastern Peninsula. (Follow the dock road and you can't miss it!)

Q: Is there anything to DO when I visit Tarabon?
-Ah, the big question! Why yes, there are many things to see and do. Local volunteer groups hunt many bandits and criminals across the countryside, from Tanchico and the contested Western Peninsula, to Elmora in the East and up to the Almoth Plain! Ask Tourism Board members for further details or scheduling of a full tour of all sights and activities*.
*Please note that tours are open to all comers and include full details of all activities barring action of criminal intent.

Q: Is there entertainment to be found? (Gleeman, Illuminators, etc)

-As a matter of fact, there is! The Humping Fly bartender gladly accommodates all traveling Gleeman and Gleeladies. And the Illuminators have their assistants spread across the city.

Q: Is there a housing problem for travelers, given the current war conditions?
-Not at all! The refugees have been dealt with, and our large inn (along the Main street, 2nd north exit you see. Can't miss it) has more than enough lodgings and Panarch provided housing for all newcomers to stay in comfort.

Q: Has the war affected my ability to hunt?
-Well, there is plenty to train your skills on (leatherleafs up the Tanchico road a bit, but can be dangerous! and plenty to hunt along the route to Elmora) should you choose to hunt instead of fight in the war.

Q: Who should I report crimes to, and are they recruiting?
-Please report any misdeeds you encounter to the Civil Watch, in service of the Panarch*.
*The Tarabon Tourism Board is not a state run institution and therefore has no bearing on or relation to the Civil Watch or its activities. Please inquire with the Civil Watch with any interest to serve, and you will be directed to the correct management for procedure.

Q: If I travel to Tarabon from any other cultured nation, will that citizenship pose a problem?
-Nope. Keep your nose clean and you're welcome! Though Domani may fight themselves in a drunken brawl or two (or three)

I hope you find these answers helpful. Any further questions, comments or concerns may be placed with the current head of the Tarabon Tourism Board (Mithos) in writing or in person. We at the Tourism Board welcome one and all!

*signed*

Mithos
Member of the Panarch Brute Squad
Chairman of the Tarabon Tourism Board

This billboard was paid for by the Panarch Internal Gold Exchange.