An Acceptance of Surrender from the Nefarious KBG

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
Shinobi

An Acceptance of Surrender from the Nefarious KBG

Post by Shinobi » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:34 pm

writ on a gold plaque with twenty-four thousand Civil Watch members standing to protect the investment there is a declaration concerning the criminals of the KBG. Oft referred to as the Kandori Merchant Guild, but likely considered the Kandori Bandit Guild by some who hold grudges longer than the Civil Watch, who are notorious for their love and generosity and good looks.

The Civil Watch will accept the surrender of Kandori Merchants' individually and recognize that their surrender is an individual act and a declaration that they are indeed not darkfriends. This declaration is not in perpetuity and is subject to revision based on the individual's actions.

Each Kandori Merchant will be required to submit the following documents as well as make the singular adjustment to their gameplay.
  • 1. The Merchant will submit a 50-100 word essay on how they would personally feel if someone were farming them with incinerate and whether they think that's an okay thing to do to another person.
    2. The Merchant will provide a 50-10,000 word essay on their favorite things about Tanchico or Tarabon at large.
  • examples:
    a. Gee whiz. They have great food! So many exotic meats!
    b. I love how they keep equipped thugs around for me to kill and sell their equipment to the armor shop.
    c. Their generous housing of a herbalist in the western part of the zone allows for me to collect potions and herbs easily and it is kind of them.
    d. I love how they treat the Seanchan refugees like people and comfort them and offer them lodging generously in their city.
    These are just some examples, but there are many things to note about Tanchico and Tarabon which are both spectacular and magnificient.
  • 3. The Merchant will agree to compliment the city upon either arrival or exit. Acceptable forms of compliments are listed below:
    a. What a modern site!
    b. I'm really impressed by this city!
    c. Wow! I made it!
    d. I hate to leave Tanchico, it's really great. :(
    e. Only thing as valuable as Tanchico is the knowledge that I'll be back here soon!
    f. Gah! Wish I didn't have to go somewhere else to rent. I love Tanchico!
  • 4. The Merchant will also provide either 3000 crowns in compensation for the pain the Panarch endured and future recruitment efforts or they will provide 500 pieces of exotic foods. These can be cooked meals or purchased savory goods. We will only accept 10 of the same kind. Pies also count as exotic as long as they are savory and not sweet.
Merchants can individually declare their surrender on the Tales of the Light and by doing so declare that they are, in fact, not darkfriends. Or they can privately submit them to the Civil Watch clan and we will diligently work to use point 2 in future recruitment efforts.

Let it be known to all. The Civil Watch have successfully defeated the darkfriends within the Kandori Merchant Guild and will now begin the process of reconciliation. If the acts of surrender are generous enough we will even consider a treaty providing transportation for merchants and Civil Watch between our valuable and well-maintained and gorgeous port side city (with beaches) and wherever they live. It is rumored to be in Saldaea, but we are not sure.

The Civil Watch Council

As you finish reading the gold plaque and scan the crowd of twenty-seven thousand four hundred and eighty-two Civil Watch members in their immaculate you informs you think to yourself, 'Gosh. What a modern site. I'm really impressed with this city!' You also note that they are hiring for a postmaster general who is good at formatting and think 'necessary indeed.'