Festivities for High Chasaline

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
Kordin

Festivities for High Chasaline

Post by Kordin » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 pm

You walk down a path lined on both side with barrels painted in bright colors and banners. Loud voices of hawkers call the local folk to the Menagerie. Tempting fragrances of midway food fill your nostrils. Loud melodic tones of musicians drift in the air, interrupted by the sounds and flashes of exploding fireworks not far from them, the mix of both adding to the overall atmosphere.

A tall dark haired, good looking man, wearing clothes that are only slightly less garish than his demeanor and a cloak gaudy enough to shame a Tinker, steps on a wooden box and yells out an announcement.

"High Chasaline! The Day of Reflection! A feastday, on which people reflect on their good fortune and the blessings of their lives! Come to my Menagerie - THE Valan Luca's Menagerie! Come and participate in the celebration, the games, the display of fireworks and if Thom doesn't get jealous of some competition, a Gleeformance! And of course, attempt to win some prizes!"

Valan winces as a small firework flies into the back of his head.

"Ah..ah, yes of course! This event is sponsored by the Guild of Illuminators and their Master Kordin al'Dendarii!"

Valan Luca jumps off of the wooden box and strolls towards a large yellow tent, disappearing in the crowd along the way. A pair of burly guards start handing out pamphlets.

Info:
  • The plan is for the event to be in Valan Luca's Menagerie on Jan 8th at 2 PM EST (server time).
  • Exact location will be revealed on that day. - EDIT: Location is Cairhien
  • If for any reason the Menagerie cannot be used for this - a follow up announcement will be made or this post edited to reflect the change.
  • Those who wish to participate - please make sure you're online about an hour before.
  • It costs one gold crown to enter the Menagerie so bring some cash, along with food and whatever drink you prefer.
  • Bring whatever you think you'll need for the event.
  • There is no fighting within the Menagerie. Valan Luca tells you 'There will be no fighting allowed. My guards will throw you out if you are caught.'
  • Please log everything - it is also a good chance to RP a bit. The zone is interesting and fun. Good opportunity to get that RPkudos.
  • No, that doesn't mean you have to be IC at the event. If you are, great, RPkudos is yours. If not, also fine.
  • Event activities and games will be revealed as it begins. There will be no PK related events.
  • Help is welcome, but you can't be included as a participant then. If that's not a problem, reach out.
  • Anyone wanting to include something in the event, also reach out, whether it's a performance or something else, and I'll see if it fits.
  • I don't have an estimate on how long the event will be. It mostly depends on the number of people that show up and how smoothly it goes. It's my first time :oops:
Prizes include but not limited to (donations also welcome if anyone wants to make it more interesting):
  • a surcoat with exquisite embroidery
  • a silver medallion
  • a polished onyx-inlaid shield
  • 2x a shimmering chain of gold
  • 2x a shimmering pendant of obsidian
  • 2x a pouch of vials and 1x fireworks
  • 2x a pouch of thready teas and 1x fireworks
  • 2x a crafting token and a large sparkling diamond
  • 2000 gold
  • 1500 gold
  • a wicked axe
  • a massive war maul
  • a nimble blade with a cuendillar pommel
  • a heron-marked greatsword
And finally - Happy New Year everyone :)