The Civil Watch Are Recruiting!

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
Shinobi

The Civil Watch Are Recruiting!

Post by Shinobi » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:19 pm

A well-fed and genuinely happy crowd seems to have gathered spontaneously in the square of Tanchico, though you suspect the guards on the outskirts are not props. A few people are waving signs fervently. You take note of a couple of the longer signs as their text seems to veer from the original intention into spontaneity and bad formatting: "CIVIL WATCH: PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND WEALTH!?!? PICK ME!!!" and the more colorful, yet somehow truer, "SHERIFF YOU'VE ARRESTED MY HEART! YOUR LOVE IS HOW I GOT CARDIAC ARRESTED!!!". Overall, given the variety of healthy looking individuals, the saunter of the people going about their business, and the general hubbub you determine this might just be the place for you. If you can offer something of value, you might have just found a home. Then he enters the stage (which you didn't notice before, but is completely gold and likely weighs as much as it costs and you doubt the infamous and full of dastardly individuals borderland merchant guild, the Kandori Bandit Guild, or the KBG that the Watch has warned you about, could even afford such a thing) and begins to speak.

"Welcome, welcome my lovelies!" (cheers and gasps and flailing hands that remind you of street side advertising)

"It is true. The rumors you have heard. The mystery. It's the new found recruits of the Civil Watch who will help us fly."

(He gestures to you, marking you as a potential candidate, "You and I friend will go down in history. We'll find some troops to play the part. Teach em' what to say. Dress em' and send em' out into the world."

"Imagine the reward our dear old Civil Watch could pay? Who else could pull it off but me."

You start to feel the vibe, you know you've found home and you're ready to sign up!

"I'll be rich!" He echoes back "You'll be rich!" "I'll be out!" and again he echoes back your spontaneous and totally unplanned or referential statement.

"And Tanchico will finally have some more to talk about!"

The hub and bustle forms up in the square and begins one of those routine and spontaneous--choreographed--dances that Tarabon is famous for and there are at least three people doing triple back summersault flip reversal monster flippy 180s. The sheriff, all smiles and a backpack full of more gold than the guild houses of Tar Valon could muster together, does a giant flip onto a roof and continues to sing an opereta.

The people then begin to sing, "have you heard? Comrades what do you suppose? The recruits of Civil Watch! Alive and wealthy!?"

A window washer looks directly at you, curiously positioned through all the yuck-yuck, and whispers, "Is it for you?"

You head over to the sign up balcony for the Civil Watch (The balcony is also made of gold and very opulent), waiting for your turn in line while the Sheriff gives each person in the line ONE THOUSAND GOLD CROWNS and a badge.

OOC: Civil Watch recruitment is continuing and open. No hard requirements, we pay a signing bonus of 1000 crowns and expect you to find your way in our world. Good opportunities to make money and to travel and the reputation of the Civil Watch is sparkling, so if you're nefarious then bring polish.