Recap: Cairhien Feast of Lights (Sat. Jan 16, 2015)

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
Crenna

Recap: Cairhien Feast of Lights (Sat. Jan 16, 2015)

Post by Crenna » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:36 pm

SESSION 1
Session 1 was a 3-hour success with at least 24 participants (at various times):
Aira, Aldwyn, Ali, Auriona, Brie, Carlia, Crenna, Dare, Darshan, Dazrien, Eliora, Elyse, Flarn, Keser, Krop, Livae, Paj, Raal, Rixie, Santino, Talem, Tarkon, Tolveor, Zadina

Session 1 Competitions (winners are bolded):
Singing: Auriona, Dare, Krop, Flarn, Crenna, Livae
Kissing Judge Eliora: Dare, Krop, Aldwyn, Flarn
Kissing Judge Flarn: Carlia, Crenna, Auriona, Raal, Tarkon, Aira, Livae, Eliora, Rixie, Dare
Joke: Aira, Dare, Eliora, Flarn, Auriona, Krop, Livae, Crenna, Zadina, Rixie, Carlia, Talem

Many thanks to our kissing judges. It was quite the sacrifice!

As then as we had prizes left over, in random order we let the participants who had not yet won anything pick something from the remaining prizes.

SESSION 2
Session 2 was also a success with 10 people (half the who list and amazing for that time of day):
Aldwyn, Brie, Carlia, Crenna, Dare, Ekko, Melat, Racquel, Santino, Sybrina

Session 2 Competition Winners:
Brie (Illuminator performance)
Aldwyn (things you can say to your clan but not your spouse)
Carlia (unlikely clan slogans)
Racquel and Sybrina (wot inspired blade forms)
Carlia (if you know what I mean sayings)
Racquel (If master mobs could talk)

Special thanks to Brie for her awe-inspiring performance and to Dare for his wonderful topics and for him continuing to entertain us long after we finished handing out prizes. Like the session before, participants also got to pick something from the remaining prizes.

Thanks everyone for your donations, support, and participation making this a great success and one day we won't soon forget.
As this event was public, I will clean and post the logs so that those who couldn't attend can share in the laughter and joy of the festival. (If anyone wants their actions/words omitted from any logs, please let me know.)

Original post follows:
Elegant notices are posted about in public places.

Come to Cairhien to Celebrate the Feast of Lights This Year!

While the Feast of Lights is celebrated around the world, this two day holiday spanning the last day of the year and the first day of the new year, reaches new heights in Cairhien.

In Cairhien during this festival you can expect:
-Much Drinking
-Dancing
-Performances
-Competitions and prizes (best dancing, costume, performance, kisser, and more)
-A relaxing of protocol as any man may kiss any woman and vice versa regardless of class, attachments, age.

This festival is not for the faint of heart as some clothing is optional as many men and women will go barechested, pouring wine over themselves. With the intent to party with wild abandon, many people choose to remain anonymous by wearing exotic costumes with masks.

On behalf of House Balvari, we welcome you.
______
Date: Saturday January 16, 2015
Part 1: 2pm Server
Part 2: Midnight Server / Immediately after boot

Ideas: some people may change their titles/descriptions to indicate what they are wearing and if they are 'anonymous'. Others may choose to come as unknown statters but RP as their main characters. Optionally some may choose to later post and reveal who they were.

Please mail me if you'd like to perform (Gleemen/Illuminators/anyone) or donate prizes.

PRIZE LIST
Note that theses prizes will be divided up between the two times.
I am completely humbled by how many people provided donations. Thanks to the following for donating prizes: Elyse, Carlia, Flarn, Contra, Krop, Racquel, Edard, Phyl and my fellow Winged Guard family.

a jagged edged warsword x6
a belt with a buckle of cuendillar x2
a gold ring delicately carved with ivy x2
a silver Kandori wristcuff x3
a jeweled wristcuff x2
a pair of ebony-steel plate greaves/vambs
a pair of polished, gold-plated vambraces/greaves/plate
a Kandori snowflake necklace x4
a half-moon scimitar with a hilt of twisted iron x2
a shining steel breastplate
a thin vial of yellow fluid
a wickedly scythed longsword
a silver medallion
a surcoat with exquisite embroidery
a crystal lightstick
etched shield
jade ring
Cairhien stable tickets for Razors with full horse eq x 2
3000 gold crowns
a tunic of finely-crafted chain
a curved clear dagger

CONTEST WINNERS
My plan is to post the contest winners as they win. Then at the end of the first event, to assign each winner a number, and then roll a die/dice and the person with the highest roll will select something off half of this list. Once again, know that half of this list will be for the first session with the second half of the prizes being saved for the later session.