To Catch A Darkfriend

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
Roberto

To Catch A Darkfriend

Post by Roberto » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Several young men and women in unremarkable clothing ran to the stable yard in Baerlon where their mounts were already set to go, and quickly head towards the gate to where they would scatter in all directions. One had even volunteered to attempt to meet with the Seanchan Seekers, a prospect that could mean death if one mistake was made, but they all knew the letters they carried were important enough to risk it. Two figures dressed in silver and black dusters stood watching everything take place. As Juilin Sander and Roberto al’Farth watched them leave, a solemn sigh escaped the lips of Juilin for he knew the dangers that would stand in the way of the young thiefcatchers.

“You do enjoy making a big entrance Roberto, you haven’t even been back in the city a week and you are already allocating all our resources for something. How were you even able to chase this lead so fast.”

Roberto replied with a smirk, “You were the one that once made me Spymaster Juilin, I haven’t lost all of my touch.” He sat in silence until the last horse turned the corner towards the gate. “Honestly, I don’t know if they have gotten more brazen because of confidence or stupidity, but this one didn’t make it very difficult. I fear for what is coming next.”

As each thiefcatcher reached their intended contact, they handed a scroll with a wax seal of dagger, letting it be known that the Thiefbane was sending a vital missive.

All Nations please be aware:

The known male channeler who is known as Koryak Kalligesto is a darkfriend. He walks with myrddraal and trolloc alike and took place in an attack on Baerlon in an attempt to seize the city for the dark. He is not simply a common murderer nor just a man inflicted by the taint due to his ability to channel. I, Roberto al’Farath, stake my name and my honor on this, as it was I who witnessed this firsthand, and will stand as witness to any who would question this claim.

May peace favor your sword.
Roberto al’Farth
Master Thiefbane

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Headquarters of the Town Watch
[ obvious exits: W U ]
Zone: Baerlon
Door west: door
Door up: ladderhatch
West: A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze.
Up: A little boy plays here.
A bookshelf made from imported wood stands against the wall here.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Koryak Kalligesto, Editor is here, fighting a member of the Town Watch.
A member of the Town Watch is here, fighting a myrddraal.
A boarish trolloc is here, fighting a member of the Town Watch.
A boarish trolloc is here, fighting a member of the Town Watch.
A myrddraal is here, fighting the head of the Town Watch.
A member of the Town Watch is here, fighting a boarish trolloc.
The head of the Town Watch is here, fighting a myrddraal.