A Grand Fireworks Display and Raffle

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
alyse

A Grand Fireworks Display and Raffle

Post by alyse » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:02 pm

As pale-peach light began to spread across the tops of the sprawling hills, a snort resounded from the large warhorse, followed quickly by a more raspy snort from the man atop a rickety wagon that was led by a neighboring beast.

“Teben, I understand why Fury is snorting, given that he's carrying both myself as well as my traveling bags, but you are sitting atop a wagon!” The Illuminator's eyes sparkled with myrth at her trusted companion.

“Sister, it took me hours to load all of this equipment into the back of this rattling death trap. You never mentioned that we would be transporting bits of armor, weapons, potions and other odds and ends alongside your many fireworks. Are we traveling peddlers now?” The man shook his head in disgust.

The woman drew back her dusty hood and scanned the horizon. The clanging of tubes behind her brought her attention back to the question.

“Brother, you know I have no need of such powerful weapons, and my frame is far too delicate for most of this armor. I rarely have to struggle to carve myself a deer for dinner, and you know that I am not a fighter. These items have been taking up space in my private storeroom for far too long! They belong in the hands of those who could truly use them. Besides, it is about time I cleaned that room out to use for my collection of Seafolk Porcelain.”

“What of the refreshing ciders? Could you not use them when you are weary?” His exasperated whining was starting to irritate the woman.

“Teben, the only thing that wearies me is your constant carping. Come Saturday evening at 8pm (EST), you can be rid of all of this loot. I will entertain the city of Tar Valon with my very best display, the conclusion of which will entail a raffle (roll) for those in the crowd who are interested in shoring up their own supplies. The participants must be present for at least the conclusion of the show in order to receive a raffle ticket, which they will obtain when they let you know what a wonderful show they have just watched.”

As the city of Tar Valon slowly came into view, Teben seemed to relax a bit. Soon he could unload the cargo and slip into his favorite tavern for a bit of a how-do-you-do with the locals.