Advance warning: zone changes around Emond's Field.

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Elysia

Advance warning: zone changes around Emond's Field.

Post by Elysia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Tomorrow, on Monday the 10th of September, part 1 of the changes surrounding Emond's Field will go in.

In order to make Emond's Field more in line with the books, more balanced with regards to wars and less of a run-the-gauntlet-between-2-doors-and-a-ton-of-dism-rooms, we need rooms to work with. The zone that contains Emond's Field and all surrounding zones are full, so literally, no room to work with.

To solve this problem, the part of Emond's Field zone that form the Quarry Road and Westwood were copied, layout wise, and put in a new zone. Since the room descriptions in the area were not up to our standard, the past few weeks were spent making them better. They might still not be perfect, but they will have improved.

Since there's now a new zone that has to be inserted, I looked at our grid map to see which coordinates it needs. Then it turned out that three zones were in the wrong places: Old Road, Hobrion zone and Volcano zone. To summarize:

This is how it is:

Code: Select all

Hobrion - Old Road - Emond's Field
   |
Volcano.
It should probably be:

Code: Select all

Volcano - Westwood - Emond's Field
   |                     |
Hobrion -          - Old Road
So, that's why zone coordinates of Hobrion, Volcano zone and Old Road zone will also change. This will affect your Travel, Gate and Fade codes.

Elysia

Re: Advance warning: zone changes around Emond's Field.

Post by Elysia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:58 am

And we're done. If you're a channeler with Travel or Gate codes in Hobrion/ waygate area, Old Road zone or the Quarry Road/ Westwood part of what was Emond's Field zone, you will have to update your codes. The same goes for fades and any fade scripts, as ranges might have been affected.

At least things are in their proper places now though, as per zone connections/ layouts.

Further changes to Emond's Field shouldn't have any effects on Travel/ Gate/ Fade codes.

Thanks to Akayen for adding to Tam al'Thor's farm. :)

Elysia

Emond's Field, part 2 (of 3). And DONE.

Post by Elysia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:38 pm

The rooms in Emond's Field zone that used to contain the Westwood and Quarry Road have been turned into what will be the western part of Emond's Field. This part will essentially attach to North Road and Old Road, and be jammed in between the current Quarry Road - Wagon Bridge connection. I might snip a few rooms off the eastern side of the Quarry Road to see if I can retain the old spams.

The room building has been completed, now is the time to populate the zone with mobs. Since a few rooms of what currently is Emond's Field will be attached to western Emond's Field, I will be yoinking these and attaching them to the new area. E.g. Daise Congar's house etc. I will not currently move amenities such as Haral, pracs and master blacksmith, but just a few of the other homes.

Then I will populate the zone and hopefully open it some time this weekend.

Then part 3 will be attaching the Winespring Inn in the right places, adding gates, moving the Red Eagle rent/ chest into Emond's Field and changing the descriptions of what are now North Road and Old Road and changing them to reflect that they are now in a village.

Since there's a few rooms spare, I will likely be adding the Sick House somewhere, on the Waterwood side iirc. I intend to move Kerrigan's Emond's Field load there.

Elysia

Re: Emond's Field, part 2 (of 3).

Post by Elysia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:48 pm

Word of warning, I'm going to take the newly built western Emond's Field and attach it to the game proper. This may lead to wonky things in the next few hours.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:03 pm

The layout is complete.
Gates are in.
Shops and homes have been moved to their new locations.
Mobs have been scattered around.
Some room names have been changed as preliminary work for the descs rewrite.

The worst of it is over. :)

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 pm

All descriptions have been written, as well as a new map at the well.

I'm sure there's a few more things to tinker with and change, but the basics are finished. Map away!

EDIT: and Kerrigan's Emond's Field load has been moved to the Sick House outside the village.