In-game mail disabled, please use forum mail

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Tlaloc

In-game mail disabled, please use forum mail

Post by Tlaloc » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:10 am

In-Game mail, which has been known to crash us, has been disabled.

This is only partially due to the crash issue - we are also very interested in attracting players to the forums!

Forum mail works just like old forum mail - you can both send and receive messages, and you can mail groups.

In game mails which have already been sent but have not yet been read can still be received. You should not have to re-send mails during this transition period.

Reminder:

To register for forums, click on the register link at the top right hand of your screen and follow the instructions.

To get access to your clan forum:

- Register your clanned character is on these forums
- Clan council members mail Elodin in-game to receive moderator status
- Players mail council member(s) in game to receive forum access

Tlaloc

Re: In-game mail disabled, please use forum mail

Post by Tlaloc » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:22 pm

So, this is proof that I can be a gentleman, a scholar, and a total idiot all at once!

There is a problem with the system I posted above.

You can register any character still, and you can use the wotmod forum mail just fine, but the verification step to get registered into a clan forum is now impossible!

Correct, you cannot register for forums via that system because we took out in game mailing.
Correct, this was an oversight on our part (my part), and yes we know about it now.

Thank you to folks that got my attention on this quickly, very much appreciated.

Working on a workaround, but for now, all forum functionality will work for a registered character, except getting enrolled into a clan forum.

Game on!