Work in progress: Changes to Cairhien to Tar Valon Road.

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Voices of the Wheel

Work in progress: Changes to Cairhien to Tar Valon Road.

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm

All of us who have read the books will remember what happened at Dumai's Wells. Curiously, there was no Dumai's Wells on the Cairhien to Tar Valon road. For starters, I have added a reference to that, as well as the ridge Perrin saw the attack from before charging into the fray himself.

Over the following days, there will be additional changes, such as:
Refer to Alianelle Spring (less than 4 days north from Dumai's Wells according to Gawyn).
The soft block will be removed and water rooms will be put in in its stead. There is a rather wide river there, after all.
The area immediately north of Cairhien will refer to the Foregate town that sprang up around Cairhien's walls. Curiously, there is no mention of that either.

Some room connection changes will be made to make those two zones a bit chokier, although the road will remain intact. A few items of interest will be added.

Voices of the Wheel

Re: Work in progress: Changes to Cairhien to Tar Valon Road.

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:02 am

As I was working on this, I noticed a source that said Cairhien's northgate was the Jangai Gate and the east gate was the Dragonwall gate. As opposed to the northgate being the Galldrian Gate and the east one being Jangai.

I've fixed that, adjusted the name of the Jangai Road as well.

Then I found that Cairhien's northgate had been incorrectly set to no-pick, while it did have a certain pick % assigned to it, so I fixed that, too.

Voices of the Wheel

Re: Work in progress: Changes to Cairhien to Tar Valon Road.

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:47 pm

The thief prac from Cairhien has been moved from the dungeons to the stables. Chel Vanin (the very one) does like watching a fine horse.