Pay it Forward

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Elysia

Pay it Forward

Post by Elysia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 pm

A concept based on the movie, instead of paying back, pay it forward.

As of now, you can approach any ancient tree or blighted tree and use the following phrase:

regarding elysia something positive Elysia did goes here in some detail using up to 11 words

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh > sa regarding elysia she helped me eq a newbie
You say 'regarding elysia she helped me eq a newbie'

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >
I have recorded that elysia did she helped me eq a newbie

For ideas on positive things you could report on:
-retrieving lost newbies
-helping newbies learn the basics
-filling barrels
-going to the Eye and being helpful
-other nice stuff, although "going smobbing with me" shouldn't really fly, since smobbing comes with its own rewards in eq and exp. Ditto "for filling the chest".

If Elysia is clanned, it will leave a note for imms to review. We review this to prevent people spam "awarding" their friends. If after review we agree that the deed is something that should be rewarded for, we will reward the do-gooder with a qp. There's a max to this, again to prevent spamming. Remember, if you spam, you only cost imms more time.

Combined, there are over 600 of these trees in the game, possibly more, so there should be a point near you where you can leave these notes.

So let's spread some positivity around and Pay it Forward!

Ely

Elysia

Re: Pay it Forward

Post by Elysia » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:18 pm

I have added this same mobol to the Argle RP mobs that are scattered in various places. Meaning that if someone does something nice, you don't have to leave the city to do this. Same syntax as before, but the syntax help has been added to "say help rpkudos" as well as "say help commands".