A Different Kind of Stir

... used for in character crossrace announcements, such as events, quests, storylines and so on...
Elysia

A Different Kind of Stir

Post by Elysia » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:10 pm

On the Blightborder north of Arafel, an earthquake rumbled dully, making the sound of a host of cavalry barrelling down the plains. The ground heaved and soil was dislodged from a slope, tumbling down and exposing a nest below. Not much later, a group of travelers came by who spotted the strange objects.

"You be supposing these be dragon eggs?" one asked, rubbing his bare upper lip.

The other shrugged. "I have never seen anything quite like this in my life, Argos, these will fetch a pretty penny."

The men cleared the hollow and traded these 'dragon eggs' across the Borderlands, with most of them falling in the hands of wealthy men and women looking for something to display their status. One egg fell in the hands of a Brown Sister and after careful consideration, she determined the egg to be a of a Jumara. Not much was known about Jumara, except that they were one of Aginor's creations. Despite her curiosity, the Sister determined that the eggs must be destroyed.

Another egg fell into the hands of a darkfriend, who passed it on to his master, Sammael. Sammael immediately saw the threat. Worms were unable to be controlled in the same ways as other Shadowspawn and having more worms in the Blight would hamper the Shadow. The eggs must be found and destroyed.

Across the land, artifact collectors were called upon to let their contacts know that they were looking for these strange, large eggs and the hunt commenced.

~@~

This egghunt will last one week. You can find the eggs on some Borderland smobs south of Fal Dara.

The side who gets the most eggs will not be aggrod by Blight worms for a month.

The LS clan who gets the most eggs will get a 15k donation to their treasurer to benefit the clan.

Elysia

Re: A Different Kind of Stir

Post by Elysia » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:26 pm

After being out with Covid for a few days since this weekend, I finally tallied the egghunt results. I counted up to and including Sunday, as the original plan was.

The tally is as follows:
LS: 42.
DS: 10.

Most turn ins:
Bena: 16.
Ric: 14.

That means LS will no longer be aggrod by Blight worms for one month and the White Tower gets 15k deposited in their treasurer.

EDIT: also, the no-mob keeping the worms trapped around the burrows was temporarily removed to spice things up and make the change more valuable.

Elysia

Re: A Different Kind of Stir

Post by Elysia » Fri May 19, 2023 5:50 pm

After boot OR after they are killed/ repop, blight worms will aggro all again.