Loophole abuse with fade quest (now fixed)

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Aureus

Loophole abuse with fade quest (now fixed)

Post by Aureus » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:34 pm

Sadly it seems someone has figured out a loophole with the fade quest. I will explain how it works, so that you do not do it until I get a fix in place.

As a reminder, the way you earn altqps towards fading as a trolloc master with 1500+ qps is you:
1. Must be leading a group of trollocs (and they must be grouped)
2. Get a kill where you earn at least 1 TP

This is intended to foster good leadership behavior among would-be fades: they need to be good leaders of trollocs, such that they are both able to get kills while leading and are respected enough that others are willing to follow them.

The loophole works like this:
1. I am leading a group of trollocs
2. I follow someone else, like a fade (they do not group me and my followers remain following and grouped with me)
3. As long as my group gets the kill, because I am technically "leading" a group of trollocs, I get an altqp.

It should be obvious as a reader that this is blatant, blatant abuse. There is really no way to accidentally do this. Therefore, anyone caught doing this until I implement a permanent coded fix will lose all their altqps and be banned from fading on that character.

Aureus

Re: Loophole abuse with fade quest

Post by Aureus » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:09 pm

This loophole is now closed.