Code changes: Stacked weave damage, city damage, trolloc masters earning altqps, and master mobs

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Aureus

Code changes: Stacked weave damage, city damage, trolloc masters earning altqps, and master mobs

Post by Aureus » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:47 am

These code changes are now live:
  • Players now take less damage from repeated weave hits within a single round. Each weave beyond the first has its damage reduced by 33%, stacking until the weave is reduced to 20% damage or 50 HP (whichever is lower). The weave damage cannot be reduced below the level of a bloody frag, so this primarily reduces large-damage weaves like ice spikes and fireball. Each round one "stack" of the damage reduction is removed, and it is cleared entirely when exiting combat.
    • This should help prevent players being blown up by large groups of channelers in a single round. Solo channelers will not notice any change in their damage, since it requires multiple weave hits within a round to stack.
    • This applies to damage taken from coded channeling mobs, too.
    • Mobs do not benefit from the reduction, so smob groups with multiple channelers won't see any difference.
  • Courtesy of Itesh! City defense damage has been significantly reduced overall, is further reduced by armor, and the dodge chance is now based on a player's DB instead of only dexterity.
    • I will be removing the workaround we had where players were getting healed after taking city defense damage to reduce it, which led to some strange behavior.
  • Trolloc Masters with 1500 qps now earn 1 altqp for each TP-earning kill while they are leading a group in PK. Same-side excluded.
    • I will be removing the smobs from the fade quest at the hooded fade as these are no longer needed.
    • I have also put some added safety checks in place to the Pit of Doom to prevent players fading themselves, so I have removed the door to it.
  • Masters no longer lose qps when leading rank 1 mobs and the mob dies. (Rank 8 mobs still cost qps at death)
  • Fixed an eq duplication bug.